Shuri Castle or Tsuboya Pottery Street on this 7-hour tour?

cashmeremypuppydog

Okinawa

I am trying to figure out if I should skip Shuri-jo castle from my itinerary. Why? I believe we would not have time to walk “Tsuboya Pottery Street” and I don’t know what would be more interesting... This will be a tour I will organize to share with other cruisers.

ITINERARY

Pick up: port At 8:00

1) Cruise Terminal to Okinawa Peace Memorial Museum (50 min) #6/54 on Tripadvisor

2) Okinawa Peace Memorial Museum to Himeyuri Monument (17 min) #1/54 on Tripadvisor

3) Himeyuri Monument to Former Japanese Navy Underground Headquarters (32 min) #1/32 on Tripadvisor

4) Former Japanese Navy Underground Headquarters to Shuri-jo Castle (25 min) #3/234 on Tripadvisor

5) Shuri-jo Castle to Tsuboya Pottery Street (13 min)

Drop off: Tsuboya Pottery Street (#10/234 on Tripadvisor). From here, everyone is on their own

-Taxi: Tsuboya Pottery Street to Cruise Terminal Naha Dream Xruise (20 min; 6km)

Our driver will not speak English

Any suggestions?

The Canadians!clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

• 1 month later...

We went to the Shuri Castle and loved it. We enjoyed about two hours there. Do not miss the tea & snack for 310 Yen.

On a separate day, I delighted in the downtown covered marketplace . . . for several hours. It even had a 100 Yen store. :)

We have not seen the Pottery street.

Barbara

We went to the Shuri Castle and loved it. We enjoyed about two hours there. Do not miss the tea & snack for 310 Yen.

On a separate day, I delighted in the downtown covered marketplace . . . for several hours. It even had a 100 Yen store. :)

We have not seen the Pottery street.

Barbara

Thank you so much Barbara. We decided to visit the Castle and if we have time, we will stop to walk/visit the Pottery Street.

The Canadians!:cool: