Top Bunk

MamaWals

We will be cruising with our three kids in a five person family veranda room on the Disney Fantasy next spring. Kids will be 2, 3.5, and 5.5. I’m nervous about any of them sleeping in the top bunk, but the two year old will be too big for a pack n play (she’s 90th percentile). Any other suggestions for sleep arrangements for one of the kids besides cosleeping? Would Disney confiscate an inflatable toddler bed? Thank you in advance!

why would they confiscate an inflatable toddler bed?

you mean when you're boarding?

is it one of the prohibited items?

i suppose you could call and ask...it's not as if you're sticking a kid in you haven't paid for...

you're just putting them on the floor instead of the drop down bunk..

someone else on this board will know, but perhaps you can put the mattress from the drop down bunk onto the floor?

that would save you the effort of carrying the inflatable bed...

also i believe you can request bed rails for the drop down bunk..

I like the idea of just taking the mattress down and putting it on the floor. We might do that. Thank you!

We have inflatable toddler beds for camping but I was worried they might consider it some kind of flotation device and take it.

I did request bed rails but even with a bed rail I don’t want to risk my son breaking his leg. He moves a lot in his sleep and for the past two years his habit has been to wake up in the middle of the night and climb into our bed. If he does that from a top bunk while half asleep I think it would be disasterous.

You can also sleep the two smallest kids in the couch bed. Place a head at each end and have their feet meet in the middle.

Another alternative is to pull the mattress off the top bunk and place it on the floor as suggested.

If you take down the mattress, your child will be sleeping on a board up there. There's no box springs.

we're talking about putting the mattress on the floor so the child can sleep on the floor....that is, sleep on the mattress on the floor...

then no one would be sleeping in the drop down at all..

just on a mattress on the floor...

We will be cruising with our three kids in a five person family veranda room on the Disney Fantasy next spring. Kids will be 2, 3.5, and 5.5. I’m nervous about any of them sleeping in the top bunk, but the two year old will be too big for a pack n play (she’s 90th percentile). Any other suggestions for sleep arrangements for one of the kids besides cosleeping? Would Disney confiscate an inflatable toddler bed? Thank you in advance!

i was on the Fantasy a few months ago. My 4 year old granddaughter slept on the top bunk with no problem at all. She loved it!