London Euston to Greenwich transport query

Jammy Bun

Hoping that someone local can help! (I know at least one of you lives in/near Greenwich!)

We're taking the Midnight Sun cruise at the end of next month, departing from Greenwich. We live in North West England and are considering our options for transport to Greenwich - I have booked 3 nights there, prior to the cruise. Flying to London is too complicated and time consuming. We may take a taxi all the way ( I have costed it, and it's acceptable), but OH would prefer not to sit in a car for such a long journey.

So now we look at the train. Virgin West Coast comes into Euston, and if we didn't have luggage for a 2 week cruise, we would get to Greenwich on Tube/DLR. Are there private hire companies/minicabs that would meet us at Euston and take us to Greenwich for a fixed price - or are we at the mercy of the black cabs at the meter?

Look forward to any suggestions that you may have.

Janet

Hoping that someone local can help! (I know at least one of you lives in/near Greenwich!)

We're taking the Midnight Sun cruise at the end of next month, departing from Greenwich. We live in North West England and are considering our options for transport to Greenwich - I have booked 3 nights there, prior to the cruise. Flying to London is too complicated and time consuming. We may take a taxi all the way ( I have costed it, and it's acceptable), but OH would prefer not to sit in a car for such a long journey.

So now we look at the train. Virgin West Coast comes into Euston, and if we didn't have luggage for a 2 week cruise, we would get to Greenwich on Tube/DLR. Are there private hire companies/minicabs that would meet us at Euston and take us to Greenwich for a fixed price - or are we at the mercy of the black cabs at the meter?

Look forward to any suggestions that you may have.

Janet

There are hourly trains and buses from Euston as well as all the private transfer companies would pick you up. Try Blackberry Cars or AddisonLee. Many choices in car transfers

There are hourly trains and buses from Euston as well as all the private transfer companies would pick you up. Try Blackberry Cars or AddisonLee. Many choices in car transfers

Don't think I fancy getting a bus with two large suitcases as well as hand luggage - and I didn't realise there were trains direct from Euston... will double-check! [edited:- checked - it's Underground followed by train, no good for us]

But I'll definitely have a look at the two companies you mention. Thanks for your help.

Janet

Edited by Jammy Bun
checked trains...

Highly recommend Addison Lee, who we used twice last year - to/from Tilbury. Bookings can be made online or by phone. Cost was about UKP 30 less than a taxi and vastly superior service.

Highly recommend Addison Lee, who we used twice last year - to/from Tilbury. Bookings can be made online or by phone. Cost was about UKP 30 less than a taxi and vastly superior service.

Thank you! That's good to know.

Janet