SILVER SPIRIT - Getting the best dining experience?

Magor2015

Hi

We are on the Spirit from September 10th. First time with SS. Previous cruises with Seabourn, Celebrity, RC.

ANY advice would be appreciated but a few specific questions to follow in a couple of separate posts so the threads don’t get too confusing.

1. Do we need to and/or should we make dinner reservations for EVERY night in advance or just for those “special” dinners in the fee paying venues like La Dame? Other forum members seem to have struggled to get a table at times when they just turn up?

2. Per above, Are some restaurants harder to get into than others, I.e as above should we book for some venues and not others?

3. Can you request things like caviar on room service or in restaurants? Seabourn allow you to do so even as part of room service.

4. Any other dining or room service tips to get the max enjoyment?

Many thanks

There are two open sitting restaurants where you arrive when you want to eat, no reservation required or excepted. The rest require reservations and I would recommend making them on "My Silversea" as soon as you can. I never had a problem eating where and when I wanted and always got a table for two. We ate in all included restaurants. Yes, you can request special orders 24 hours ahead of time from your butler but I don't know if the same applies to the restaurants. They have a fixed menu that doesn't change often. I never saw

caviar during our 13 day trip. I believe it is a extra, for fee item. As such you may order all you can afford!

We are on the same crossing out of Tilbury.

I have already made dinner reservations, which are available 120 days out. I suggest that if you want to dine at a special venue for which reservations are required, that you reserve it. Some restaurants have a very limited number of tables, such as La Dame. I note too that Spaccanapoli requires reservations on the Spirit, which is unlike the Muse.

If you want to dine in La Terrazza, you will need reservations, as there are always some pax who show up hoping to get in. Often you may be accommodated, but you may not.

We have been on the Muse twice and haven't had any issues dining in Atlantide. It is a very busy venue, but we have never had to wait.

I have also made reservations for excursions, as some sell out quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on the same crossing out of Tilbury.

I have already made dinner reservations, which are available 120 days out. I suggest that if you want to dine at a special venue for which reservations are required, that you reserve it. Some restaurants have a very limited number of tables, such as La Dame. I note too that Spaccanapoli requires reservations on the Spirit, which is unlike the Muse.

If you want to dine in La Terrazza, you will need reservations, as there are always some pax who show up hoping to get in. Often you may be accommodated, but you may not.

We have been on the Muse twice and haven't had any issues dining in Atlantide. It is a very busy venue, but we have never had to wait.

I have also made reservations for excursions, as some sell out quickly.

Good grief Spins, you must be feeling better (I hope you are) - I haven't even thought about making reservations for September!

(In my defense, I've been getting ready for my upcoming 19 days aboard the Muse in June)

To the OP - I'm on this voyage too, there's a whole bunch of us CC posters aboard, do go and join the roll call and sign up for the meet&mingle if you haven't already. Could be a lively crossing!

Spins has given you the info you need. I generally make a lot of reservations ahead of time because you can easily cancel them once on board for no penalty (they say by 6pm on the evening, earlier if poss) - but please do cancel if you're not going, some people just don't turn up and that's inconsiderate.

Hi Jolly,

Yes finally I am better, thanks. I must have no immunity due to retirement!

Enjoy the lovely crew aboard the Muse.

I would love to give you hints for trivia, but Jimmy is fairly comprehensive in focus, i.e., no airport codes or phobia focus.

Not mean to hijack this thread!

I do hope to complete my crossing post soon.

Enjoy the chocolate truffles in the Arts cafe, every evening after 8 pm.

Yum.

Alex at the bar in the Arts!