Pacific Princess embarkation lunch

crimsonbird

Yes. The only difference is there's only one dining room on the Pacific.

That certainly would eliminate the issue of figuring out which dining room has the embarkation day lunch. :)

We haven't enjoyed the embarkation lunch recently. You have to sit at shared tables, the bigger the better and not everyone is seated at once which means the service is really haphazard, the staff are in a hurry to get you out of the restaurant and the food isn't as great as it used to be. The last couple of cruises we've gone from Alfredos or the MDR to Horizon Court to check out the offerings and found much better food than we've been served in the socalled better, quieter places.

We haven't enjoyed the embarkation lunch recently. You have to sit at shared tables, the bigger the better and not everyone is seated at once which means the service is really haphazard, the staff are in a hurry to get you out of the restaurant and the food isn't as great as it used to be. The last couple of cruises we've gone from Alfredos or the MDR to Horizon Court to check out the offerings and found much better food than we've been served in the socalled better, quieter places.

That's interesting. We usually ask for and get a table for 2. Also, never feel rushed by the waiters.

I did a BVE on the Pacific a couple of weeks ago and ate in the main dining room and had a table to myself. The menu was the same as when I did the BVE on the Emerald less than a week before the Pacific. I ordered the same food however the Emerald did a better job in taste and presentation. My server on the Pacific was very friendly and chatty and did not hurry me whatsoever. However, the service on the Emerald was perfunctory.

When you arrive at the dining room they will automatically seat you at a table with others. However all you have to do when you arrive at the dining room is ask them for a table for 2 and we have never had a problem getting one. They want you to be happy.

I only wish that was true. Some of the longest meals I have had on Princess have been the embarkation day lunch in the dining room. Can be very slow service even with only a few passengers there.