Westerdam Traditional DR

shipmeoff!

I believe it is the upper dining room on ALL HAL ships.

That being said, HAL has become flexible when demand for one type of dining is much higher than the other. So if you are in fixed dining, but the demand for open is high, you may see open dining pax in the upper level.

I believe it is the upper dining room on ALL HAL ships.
Except the Prinsendam, which has only one level.
That being said, HAL has become flexible when demand for one type of dining is much higher than the other. So if you are in fixed dining, but the demand for open is high, you may see open dining pax in the upper level.
On the Koningsdam Open and Fixed are mixed on both levels. We chose to go to the upper level for Open, but if that was too full I'm sure they would have taken us downstairs.

We were on the Koningsdam (several weeks after it was launched) on the upper level for traditional set time dining (late) with an area that was used for Anytime Dining. It made for a more frenetic, chaotic dining experience and we felt the service suffered for it.

On the Westerdam 3 weeks ago, fixed was the upper level. As already mentioned, anytime diners were frequently brought up.

Sandra

Great thank you so much for the confirmation. I was pretty sure but wanted to be 100% on this one. Haven’t cruised HAL in a while and I know things are always subject to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you want fixed (traditional) dining, go to a website halfacts dot com, select your ship and download the PDF of your MDR. Pick your favorite table numbers (select a few), and then send a request to the ship's coordinator for your ship, listing your specific table request. Call Ship's Services at HAL to find the Ship's Coordinator e-mail address. I have done this for many cruises, and have always gotten one of my desired tables.

If you want fixed (traditional) dining, go to a website halfacts dot com, select your ship and download the PDF of your MDR. Pick your favorite table numbers (select a few), and then send a request to the ship's coordinator for your ship, listing your specific table request. Call Ship's Services at HAL to find the Ship's Coordinator e-mail address. I have done this for many cruises, and have always gotten one of my desired tables.

Great tip, thank you