Ft. Lauderdale B2B

SusieKay

We will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam in Nov. for a two week B2B. I know all passengers must clear the ship due to immigration, but where does one go?

Sit in the terminal? how long does this usually take? Really not interested in sightseeing FLL.

If we do decide to leave the terminal area on the changeover day and perhaps go to a wine shop may we bring on two additional bottles of wine when we re-board, without paying corkage, if we brought two on the first week?

Do we go through muster drill twice?

As Neptune Suite guests can we expect to receive the same suite perks refreshed for the second week as the first-another bottle of sparkling wine, mineral waters, flowers, cocktail invites? Or are these just a one time thing?

Anything else I need to know?

Thank you so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

I recently did B2B on cruises that started and ended in Seattle with stops in BC. We did not have to get off the ship. Maybe FLL is different.

This is because, as a search would demonstrate, the bigger ships are sometimes completing their Immigration and Customs requirements on board now. These considerations can be different by port.

Depending on how many are staying on for a second cruise will depend on whether you will do immigration in the cruise terminal or on the ship. We have done it both ways.

Sometimes we have sat up to 1 1/2 hours in the terminal waiting for the ship to get down to zero count before we could get back on the ship.

If it is done on the ship -- we had to wait in the show lounge -- again waiting for the zero count.

There has been varying reports about bringing wine back onto the ship without paying the corkage fee for the second segment. Some say yes -- some say no.

You should get another bottle of sparkling wine the second week.

On our last cruises, stayed in the PS, we were warned that there would not be any cocktail parties as the captain didn't want them. So don't expect a lot of "invites". Not sure what you thought you may be invited to.

You may or may not have to go through a second lifeboat drill. Rules change each year.

Just off Eurodam in Ft Lauderdale on a b2b. Met in BB King with other b2b passengers, went into terminal, waited in seated area for approx 30 minutes until ship cleared, first to go back on ship prior to newbies.

We will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam in Nov. for a two week B2B. I know all passengers must clear the ship due to immigration, but where does one go?

Sit in the terminal? how long does this usually take? Really not interested in sightseeing FLL.

If we do decide to leave the terminal area on the changeover day and perhaps go to a wine shop may we bring on two additional bottles of wine when we re-board, without paying corkage, if we brought two on the first week?

Do we go through muster drill twice?

We did manyh b-to-b with turn aroun in FLL. We someimes wsent to one of tghe hogels on 17th stret, neqr PORT eVERGLQDEW QND SPEND Q FEW H

As Neptune Suite guests can we expect to receive the same suite perks refreshed for the second week as the first-another bottle of sparkling wine, mineral waters, flowers, cocktail invites? Or are these just a one time thing? yES, WE WERE ALWAYS neptune n ad we always got new botle of water, resh fruiit and new bottle of wine.

Anything else I need to know?

Thank you so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

We did a great

b-to b- with turn around in FLL. W e sometimes grabbed a taxi and went to one of the 17th strett hotels near port Everglades where we knew peple. We enjoyed their pool,had lunch on the patio and when ready grabbed a taxi back to the ship. Made for a lovely day.

f

I the weather was nice, we someimetimes sat on one of he benche s outside and to the rear on tghe grass We wouldt hen go gthrough ghe x ray security and were quickly aboard

why sit iinside crowded terminal when we could enjoy ghe prettty day outside?

Edited by sail7seas

Just off Eurodam in Ft Lauderdale on a b2b. Met in BB King with other b2b passengers, went into terminal, waited in seated area for approx 30 minutes until ship cleared, first to go back on ship prior to newbies.[/quote

You could not have just gotten off the Eurodam in Ft Lauderdale as she is in Alaska -- see link below for when she was recently in Juneau:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2636865&highlight=Eurodam+in+Juneau