Mad Max Dune Buggy Tour

cloudydrms

• 4 weeks later...

We did the Mad Max Dune buggys today! They picked us up at the cruise terminal as scheduled & dropped us back off. We safely toured the island both on road & off. Our guides Torrance & Obie were both welcoming & informative. I would not hesitate to recommend them ! I’d be glad to answer any questions .

We did the Mad Max Dune buggys today! They picked us up at the cruise terminal as scheduled & dropped us back off. We safely toured the island both on road & off. Our guides Torrance & Obie were both welcoming & informative. I would not hesitate to recommend them ! I’d be glad to answer any questions .

I did it as well. Were you on the morning or afternoon tour?

Pricing???

• 1 month later...

We just did this tour and it was awesome!! The guides are great and you get to see a lot of the island that you normally would not see. We went to two beaches and an area overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea.

They are a new tour group and I got the feeling that they are limited on where they are allowed to go. They mentioned the black volcanic beach and said that they are not allowed to take tours there yet.

So glad to hear that several people have had a good experience with them. We had a tour scheduled with them on a cruise visiting St. Kitts earlier this month. Unfortunately, our ship had to cancel the port due to a big storm in the Atlantic. (We had to leave for home a day early.) BUT we are doing the same itinerary on the same ship next year in March so I really do appreciate this information. My plan is to book the tour again. Oh, and I had no issue getting a refund from them when the ship skipped the port. They refunded our deposit in a couple of days.

Thanks again for the good info!!

Cindy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just back from a wonder cruise on Freedom of the Seas and have to thank everyone on these boards who recommended Mad Max Dune Buggies. SO MUCH FUN!!! Thanks to Torrence and Oboe our little caravan (included myself, husband and 9 yo granddaughter) saw parts of St Kitts that only people who live on the island get to see. You will get dirty (and they happily supply pseudo-kerchiefs to keep the dirt out of your mouth) but will enjoy every minute. Super easy to drive (my husband drove my granddaughter and I got to drive with Torrence) with ample time at lots of different St Kitts sites and time at the beach after. Definitely one of our favorite excursions!!!

• 2 months later...

Hi. I have questions because I'm reading conflicting info between this site, their site, and trip advisor! Some are saying it was a 6 hour tour but others are saying it is 3 hours and that there is a morning and an afternoon tour. Can anyone clarify? Also, do you have to purchase a license to drive there? I saw on another site someone said they had to pay $25 for a license. Lastly, do they let the driver and passenger switch so they can each drive at some point?

Hi. I have questions because I'm reading conflicting info between this site, their site, and trip advisor! Some are saying it was a 6 hour tour but others are saying it is 3 hours and that there is a morning and an afternoon tour. Can anyone clarify? Also, do you have to purchase a license to drive there? I saw on another site someone said they had to pay $25 for a license. Lastly, do they let the driver and passenger switch so they can each drive at some point?

I recently emailed this company & here are a few responses that may help:

1. Tour lasts between 3 & 4 hours including pick up and drop off

2. I believe there is both morning & afternoon trips

3. You must send in your DL info at least 7 days prior of tour date and they get you a temporary DL. The $25 fee is if you want more than one driver per buggy ( they each hold 2 people)

Hope that helps

• 4 weeks later...

Price?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/24/2018 at 9:57 AM, nfaith99 said:

Just back from a wonder cruise on Freedom of the Seas and have to thank everyone on these boards who recommended Mad Max Dune Buggies. SO MUCH FUN!!! Thanks to Torrence and Oboe our little caravan (included myself, husband and 9 yo granddaughter) saw parts of St Kitts that only people who live on the island get to see. You will get dirty (and they happily supply pseudo-kerchiefs to keep the dirt out of your mouth) but will enjoy every minute. Super easy to drive (my husband drove my granddaughter and I got to drive with Torrence) with ample time at lots of different St Kitts sites and time at the beach after. Definitely one of our favorite excursions!!!

Do you recall if it was automatic or stick?

• 1 month later...

Did you get to stay at the beach after the tour? Did they take you back to the cruise port when you were ready? Did you stop at any other beaches for a while? I see pictures of the Shipwreck Bar on South Friars (which we have been to already) and also pictures of Reggae Beach bar at Cockleshell (which we had also been to previously) and wondered if they stopped there for a bit during the tour? We haven't been to Friars yet and are a little excited about seeing a different beach. How long do they allow you to stay there?

Do they provide any drinks or lunch or anything during the tour?

It looks like a lot of fun. 

One last question, I seen some people complain about the heat coming from the engine up in the passenger area and burning their arms. Did you experience this at all?

We are two couples hoping to book this as an afternoon excursion. (May 1) We don't dock until 10:00 AM but stay til 8:00 PM.  Several emails have been sent to them

and we still do not have any responses back from them.  Does anyone else experience a hard time getting info on available tours for certain dates., etc.?   I think we are the only ship in port that day and I wonder if that means they won't run any tours?   We really want to do this!

6 hours ago, jmkel said:

We are two couples hoping to book this as an afternoon excursion. (May 1) We don't dock until 10:00 AM but stay til 8:00 PM.  Several emails have been sent to them

and we still do not have any responses back from them.  Does anyone else experience a hard time getting info on available tours for certain dates., etc.?   I think we are the only ship in port that day and I wonder if that means they won't run any tours?   We really want to do this!

I have had excellent communication with them over the last week or so. (I ask a lot of questions lol and they have answered almost immediately each time). I would try emailing them again if they didn't respond to the first. They seem to have excellent communication every time I've emailed.