Outdoor time in the Baltic

We are sailing the Scandinavian & Russian cruise July 20th, 2019 (Celebrity Reflection) and was curious if the outdoor restaurants, Lawn Club and activities are still doable? How chilly does it get out there on the sea?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are sailing the Scandinavian & Russian cruise July 20th, 2019 (Celebrity Reflection) and was curious if the outdoor restaurants, Lawn Club and activities are still doable? How chilly does it get out there on the sea?

It could be +10 C with fog and/or rain or it could be +25C and sunny or anything in between.

The Baltic sea should be quite warmed up but one never knows,

We went in mid August and it WAs chilly while the ship was sailing.

That said, we have so many stories of heat waves in September and cool spells in July. Look at it this way, if you go with averages, July would be your best month to have warmer weather even while sailing, but, as has been said, one cannot predict the weather. Just go for it and bring a light jacket.

Cheers

Len

We went in mid August and it WAs chilly while the ship was sailing.

That said, we have so many stories of heat waves in September and cool spells in July. Look at it this way, if you go with averages, July would be your best month to have warmer weather even while sailing, but, as has been said, one cannot predict the weather. Just go for it and bring a light jacket.

Cheers

Len

Thank you! I know it’s not a Caribbean cruise, but I hope to be able to enjoy the outdoors area some while sailing! We will bring jackets for sure!

This May we had a long heatwave that lasted for about a month with temps between 25 and 30 degrees almost every day.

This is very unusual and shows how unpredictable the weather can be. The rest of the summer could be cold and rainy with a long and warm autumn. No one really knows until afterwards.

Hi, we're just off the NCL Breakaway, and while your cruise is almost a month later, we found that while at sea, the temps were much cooler than while in ports (not a surprise for us...since we live near the ocean) due in part to the wind. In the evenings on our ship, very few people were sitting out to eat or drink. Some would be out walking before or after dinner, with jackets on to get some fresh air and exercise, but that was about it. It was much like our Alaskan cruise in that almost all dining and drinking went on inside the ship.

Lynne

I checked weather channel today for the Baltics and Paris (since we are making a quick stop on the way) and it is going to be in the 90's in Paris in the next few days. I would just die being in that heat and staying in a hotel without AC. Hopefully in 3 weeks the heat will go far far away!

Hi, we're just off the NCL Breakaway, and while your cruise is almost a month later, we found that while at sea, the temps were much cooler than while in ports (not a surprise for us...since we live near the ocean) due in part to the wind. In the evenings on our ship, very few people were sitting out to eat or drink. Some would be out walking before or after dinner, with jackets on to get some fresh air and exercise, but that was about it. It was much like our Alaskan cruise in that almost all dining and drinking went on inside the ship.

Lynne

Thank you, Lynn! That is what I was wondering. I remember our Alaskan cruise was pretty chilly and windy while sailing. We didn’t spend much time outside. (We had perfect weather on land though!)