Armonia - questions about sun deck, gym, diet coke...

Daisy P

We've only cruised on Royal Caribbean so far, but now we're considering booking Armonia to Cuba/Caribbean. We're hoping to find answers to these questions:

Is there a non-alcoholic bevarage package available for aduls? We drink only diet coke with lunch and dinner (and maybe a couple during a sea day) and just water or orange juice at breakfast. On Royal we've always had the soda package. Would some kind of a package be worth it for us on Armonia? How much is a can of diet coke bought separately?

There seem to be prices for a sun deck and loungers. I'm assuming that is some kind of a special and more private sun deck? There are still loungers that you can use for free to enjoy the sun some place, right?

There also seems to be price for fitness classes? Are there any classes for free? What is the fitness center like? Is there empty space, mirrors and mats to do your own streching etc?

Any other major differences between MSC and Royal that we shoud be aware of?

I am just back from the Armonia and will write some kind of review the next days, watch out :)

Is there a non-alcoholic bevarage package available for aduls?

-> Yes, there are some.

There seem to be prices for a sun deck and loungers. I'm assuming that is some kind of a special and more private sun deck? There are still loungers that you can use for free to enjoy the sun some place, right?

-> No, there are no prices for sun decks and loungers, all is free, nothing can be reserved for money. But on part of the sun deck is reserved for guests with Aurea and Wellness categories.

There also seems to be price for fitness classes? Are there any classes for free? What is the fitness center like? Is there empty space, mirrors and mats to do your own streching etc?

-> Yes, alot. The fitness center is very similar to other ships. I don´t think there are classes for free, anyway these classes are very limited, most people do there own thing.

Any other major differences between MSC and Royal that we shoud be aware of?

RCCL 99% US pax, MSC 0,1% US pax (on Armonia) :D

Thank you Perakcruiser!

One more question:

So far we've booked all of our cruises straight from Royal Caribbean website. As for MSC, booking straight through the cruise line does not seem to be possible. Which site would you recommend for booking MSC?

Thank you Perakcruiser!

One more question:

So far we've booked all of our cruises straight from Royal Caribbean website. As for MSC, booking straight through the cruise line does not seem to be possible. Which site would you recommend for booking MSC?

I have recently booked a couple of cruises directly through the MSC website. Is there a particular problem you are having in doing this?

I have recently booked a couple of cruises directly through the MSC website. Is there a particular problem you are having in doing this?

When I get as far as viewing the cruise that I want to book, I can't find anywhere to click in order to actually continue to choose the cabin and book it. I wonder what I'm missing?

Maybe the reason is the country of the OP , Finland ? :confused:

When I get as far as viewing the cruise that I want to book, I can't find anywhere to click in order to actually continue to choose the cabin and book it. I wonder what I'm missing?

MSC Armonia / Cuba & Caribbean.

Which date ? Do you use MSC USA website or any other country ?

Tried the US website, but it doesn't work because it only gives you North American countries as options when you try to register.

Seems like you can book straight through MSC only from certain countries (even Sweden has it's own page but not Finland).

But now I actually found a pretty good price for this cruise on CruiseDirect.com. I wonder if that's a liable company?

MSC is (usually) not offering this cruise in countries from where they don´t have flights to Cuba. So for example Austrians have to book in Germany and will have to fly from Germany. How you plan to reach Cuba from Finland without a MSC flight? They will be some challenges and high costs! I would recommend you to choose a flight to a place where MSC offers this cruise (Russia, Holland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and UK/Switzerland via Spain. And book the cruise from this country as starting point.

MSC is (usually) not offering this cruise in countries from where they don´t have flights to Cuba.

The cruise starts in Miami, USA, and

ends in Miami. Cuba is a port in the itinerary, so are Jamaica, Cayman

Islands and Mexico.

MSC is (usually) not offering this cruise in countries from where they don´t have flights to Cuba. So for example Austrians have to book in Germany and will have to fly from Germany. How you plan to reach Cuba from Finland without a MSC flight? They will be some challenges and high costs! I would recommend you to choose a flight to a place where MSC offers this cruise (Russia, Holland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and UK/Switzerland via Spain. And book the cruise from this country as starting point.

Yeah, the cruise starts from Miami, but flights should have nothing to do with booking a cruise. We've always booked our own flights when cruising with Royal Caribbean, whether in Europe, America or Asia.

MSC makes things too complicated, I guess we just have to use a Finnish travel agent / company that offers this cruise. We're just so used to doing everything by ourselves that this is quite irritating. Almost makes us reconsider and choose Empress instead...

Life is not easy when you are from Finland ;) Like it is when you are from Malaysia like me. We always book on the German MSC website, I think this should also be the most easy way for you. And the prices for the Germans are nothing to complain.

The cruise starts in every harbour.

Nope. The cruise starts in Miami on 12-24-2018 and ends in Miami on 12-31-2018.

The next cruise starts on 12-31-2018. No hop-on/hop-off in Cuba or in any other ports.

I am talking about Armonia 8 days 7 nights sailing USA, Jamaica, Cayman Islands,

Mexico, Cuba, USA.

Life is not easy when you are from Finland ;) Like it is when you are from Malaysia like me. We always book on the German MSC website, I think this should also be the most easy way for you. And the prices for the Germans are nothing to complain.

That's a great tip, thanks! However, when I tried booking with the German site, I got the same problem as with Swedish and UK site: the only option for country of residence is now Germany, when trying to register, and you can't change it.

That's a great tip, thanks! However, when I tried booking with the German site, I got the same problem as with Swedish and UK site: the only option for country of residence is now Germany, when trying to register, and you can't change it.

We in Ireland can't book online directly with MSC, either - we have to phone their office in the UK. We also don't get UK prices - the prices are quoted on the Ireland website.

As an FYI ... I booked a cruise through a German online TA and I can't register on the German MSC website to access my booking. :(

Perakcruiser ... there is only one embarkation port on this itinerary and that is Miami.

Perakcruiser ... there is only one embarkation port on this itinerary and that is Miami.

OK, must be because of the US port. On our two week cruise (review still in progress) with the Armonia really every port had guests embarking. Lots of Mexican guests. So in the future it seems there will be only European an US pax on the Armonia, maybe another ship is doing a route without Miami for the others.

Daisy P

, yes, we registered with a German address as we have relatives there. Anyway, MSC never sends anything by post.

Thanks for your input, everyone, but after A LOT of research, we have decided not to go with Armonia after all. The more complicated the booking got, the less attractive MSC and the whole itinerary strted to feel for us. Opted for Norwegian and a completely different itinerary instead!