Beach Day suggestion

CruiserfromCanada

I will be visiting Roatan for the 2nd time. I have already done a zip line/ monkey tour and really just want to go to the beach. I do not need to snorkel. Really just looking for a sandy nice beach where I can get a chair in the shade and some ala carte drinks and food. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

I will be visiting Roatan for the 2nd time. I have already done a zip line/ monkey tour and really just want to go to the beach. I do not need to snorkel. Really just looking for a sandy nice beach where I can get a chair in the shade and some ala carte drinks and food. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

If you are docking in Mahogany Bay there is a beach within the Mahogany Bay cruise ship complex.

If your docking in Coxen Hole , Moon Bay in the village of West End, Sundowners would be more than happy to offer you a lounger on the beach and supply drinks they probably have food too. If not there's heaps of restaurants in West End.

If you're looking for something a bit more snazzy there the numerous resorts offering day passes on West Bay Beach. West Bay is the premiere beach on the island everybody and their mother's uncle wants to experience it. If going this route I highly recommend choosing a day pass with transport included.

There are several isolated day pass options Turquoise Bay, Parrot Tree Plantation, Paya Bay, Fantasy Island. The sand at none of these places is nearly as nice as that as Half Moon Bay and West Bay. Please take into account I am a sand snob. :0)

• 1 month later...

We go through Island Marketing and do the West Bay Beach Break - $33 per person. Great beach, has bar/restaurant. Price include the ride there, entrance to the beach and 2 drinks, your lounger. Same beach as Royal goes to for their excursion only their "area of the beach" is up further and way more expensive.

We did this excursion the first time in Roatan and enjoyed it so much we are doing it again. Driver stays at the beach with you the entire time and tells you what time they are heading back to the ship.

We love Tabayana Beach. Twice we have done this excursion through Carnival. Beautiful Beach!!! They also have food and drinks you can buy. And they have a gift shop. Plenty of shade also if you want it.

That is on the same stretch of beach as West Bay. But doing it through Island Marketing is so much less expensive! So we do it through them instead of paying the ship's price. But you are right, it is a gorgeous beach!

We go through Island Marketing and do the West Bay Beach Break - $33 per person. Great beach, has bar/restaurant. Price include the ride there, entrance to the beach and 2 drinks, your lounger.

Do you know which beach club you went to for this?

Do you know which beach club you went to for this?

Bananarama I think. I just know our $33 pp paid for everything to get in and get our loungers. beach was gorgeous, food/drink available and our tour guide stayed there the entire time. If I remember right, bathrooms were good also.

https://roatancruiseexcursions.com/excursion/roatan-west-bay-beach-break-day-pass-excursion/

p.jpeg?size=800x600&size_mode=3

Edited by karena1

Bananarama I think. I just know our $33 pp paid for everything to get in and get our loungers. beach was gorgeous, food/drink available and our tour guide stayed there the entire time. If I remember right, bathrooms were good also.

https://roatancruiseexcursions.com/excursion/roatan-west-bay-beach-break-day-pass-excursion/

p.jpeg?size=800x600&size_mode=3

Booking direct is only $30pp what are the benefits to booking through 3rd party?

Way less than an excursion through the ship and you get to stay at the beach a lot longer!

Yes I understand the benefits of booking it instead of through the ship, (although both excursions don’t go to exactly the same location) but why not book durectly with Bananarama for less?

Are all the lounges on top of one another? I hate this. How large is the beach area?

I find Banarama to be congested by people, lungers and boats in the water.

I much prefer either Paradise Beach Club, they have more beachfront and a pool if the sand gets to noisy or Foster's which is at the other end of the beach.

There are heaps of Utube video of West Bay Beach.

Yes I understand the benefits of booking it instead of through the ship, (although both excursions don’t go to exactly the same location) but why not book durectly with Bananarama for less?

Never looked at it. Guessing maybe transportation? Our excursion includes our ride there and back. So not sure.

I find Banarama to be congested by people, lungers and boats in the water.

I much prefer either Paradise Beach Club, they have more beachfront and a pool if the sand gets to noisy or Foster's which is at the other end of the beach.

There are heaps of Utube video of West Bay Beach.

Guess we went at a great time, did not find Banarama crowded at all. There was no one close to us, had all the room we needed. Beach is gorgeous and I took lots of walks that day! Cannot wait to go back.

Never looked at it. Guessing maybe transportation? Our excursion includes our ride there and back. So not sure.

So does booking direct, lots of people have recommended it for many years.

I have only been to West Bay once after many visits to Roatan. Would like to have stayed a little longer but our private driver steered us to a water taxi rather quickly as we were going to West End. I have to say it seemed very busy the few minutes we were there and not sure that I would rush back given all the potholes en route. Sand was good but prefer a quieter scene.

If I did return I would take the day pass to Paradise as suggested by guest but Then i like a pool available. Paradise was our first choice but they increased the price at the last minute so we went with private driver.

I finally found what you were talking about $30 pp for the same thing. However - the $30 does not include the 15% tax. So when you add the tax, it is $34.50 pp for the same thing we get with Island Marketing for $33 pp (which includes tax).

So even thought they might look cheaper, when you add the tax they are actually more than the one we do with Island Marketing.

Not much of a different, they are pretty much the same, but at least I feel our deal is good.

I finally found what you were talking about $30 pp for the same thing. However - the $30 does not include the 15% tax. So when you add the tax, it is $34.50 pp for the same thing we get with Island Marketing for $33 pp (which includes tax).

So even thought they might look cheaper, when you add the tax they are actually more than the one we do with Island Marketing.

Not much of a different, they are pretty much the same, but at least I feel our deal is good.

Oh OK thanks, sounds like a deal! I have heard about the tax but have never had to pay it anywhere we have been on Roatan. Not sure what the criteria is for it.

As I said I have never been to Bananarama, just interested. I have used Island Marketing in the past in various ports and never had any problems.

• 3 weeks later...
What's the snorkeling like there?

yes, you could walk to the rocks and into the water. Snorkeling was very good.

here is the information right from Island's Marketing site on this tour

The Beach Club offers fresh water showers, restrooms, restaurant, bar and live music. If you like to snorkel, bring your snorkeling gear or you can rent it on site. Only a short swim away you will discover amazing coral formations and simply outstanding snorkeling, where you can find huge parrot fish, clouds of blue tangs and vivid queen angels.

Any suggestions for a beach day with decent snorkeling in the area but little to no boat traffic? Ideally with access to restrooms, loungers, shade, food and drinks. All-inclusive is fine as well. We will bring our own snorkel equipment.

. Last summer out visit to Aruba was spoiled by the boat traffic churning the water.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Forums mobile app

Any suggestions for a beach day with decent snorkeling in the area but little to no boat traffic? Ideally with access to restrooms, loungers, shade, food and drinks. All-inclusive is fine as well. We will bring our own snorkel equipment.

. Last summer out visit to Aruba was spoiled by the boat traffic churning the water.

Read my previous posts about doing the West Bay Beach Break with Island Marketing. They are great and the tour is to the same beach that the excursion with Royal goes to, just a different section of the beach. This tour goes to Bananarama and it is really nice there. Really good snorkeling also.

This thread with a map maybe of help.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2607525