2019 Bride! Tips on Groom and Bride attire.

We will be cruising in Dec. 2019 and plan to get married in St. Thomas. I am trying to browse around for things right now so I can plan later. I am stuck on where to look for good prices on "beachy type" suites or that type of attire for my soon to be husband. Also, past Brides or soon to be Brides, did you wear a "beachy type" dress? Where did you find yours? =) Thanks!

• 2 months later...
We will be cruising in Dec. 2019 and plan to get married in St. Thomas. I am trying to browse around for things right now so I can plan later. I am stuck on where to look for good prices on "beachy type" suites or that type of attire for my soon to be husband. Also, past Brides or soon to be Brides, did you wear a "beachy type" dress? Where did you find yours? =) Thanks!

We are getting married November 2019 on Carnival Victory. I plan to get my FH suit/tux, we haven't decided yet, from Snap Suits. They are an online retailer. I believe they have satellite offices or tailors that you go to to get your measurements done. They will provide you with the style of suits they already have in their line plus fabrics, linings, colors etc... You can customize but I haven't started the process with them yet so not sure on all the details. I feel comfortable with this because I work in the apparel industry I am pretty well versed in fabrics and trims. Also my FH needs a new suit/tux so I was going to make him buy a new one for the wedding anyway. I really don't want him to worry about having to rent anything. I won't be renting my dress.

I am also considering getting my dress from a similar service for women called Anomalie. I like the idea of customizing the dress to me and getting my exact measurements. I am pretty short so I already said I was going to go to a dress maker but maybe Anomalie will work just as well. They allow for complete customization but still saves money compared to buying from a wedding shop.

This may not work for most brides but like I mentioned I work in the apparel industry. I feel comfortable working with these online retailers. I also have many friends in the industry to help me if I need it so I feel lucky in that sense. There are so many options out there. You really have to go with what works best for you and your FH.

• 1 month later...

I’m getting married on NCL Escape on the 10/21 sailing (just 43 days away ahh!). I’m wearing a traditional, simple wedding dress from David’s Bridal. I caught it on sale for half off. My husband (had to legally get married here since we’re doing a wedding at sea) is wearing a light gray suit.

We were married in st Thomas 27 years ago. Just a heads up it is very very hot there. My husband was going to wear a tux but when we went to rent one there it was so hot we bought him a silk shirt and slacks instead. He was still warm.. tropical weddings are great fun but unless you are getting married in the ship with air con suggest you think a bit more casual for the groom. Otherwise you will melt!

Sent from my iPad using Forums