Carnival Vista Dining

mkr9

Will be taking 2 moms (80's and (90's) in November -- both will be pushed in wheelchairs.

I booked in April online and already the dining option said "wait listed" for both times...the only option being Your Time Dining. This seems odd being so far out? Really prefer a reserved time with the logistics of the moms.

Any ideas or suggestions? We are on deck 9.

Thanks in advance!!

keep hoping the wait list opens for you

if you get your sign and sail card and you still got anytime dining-- just go at 5:45 like you would if it was a set dining-- ask for the same wait staff if needed

or visit the maitre de who meets about 1pm on sailing day and request the change

• Thanks 1

Your Time Dining is starting to get much better. You now go to a specific spot set up for YTD reservations (on our last cruise it was on deck 5) and they give you a pager. The wait was never more than 15 minutes and it took us that long to meander back down to the dining area. We asked for and got the same wait staff every time. And it was nice being able to eat when we were hungry instead of at a set time every night.

Carnival is very helpful with those needing assistance. If you call ahead of time they can arrange to help you with boarding the two moms in wheelchairs. They also rent out motorized scooters that will fit through the cabin doors (and all others) on the ship. The price is reasonable and the scooter will be waiting for you in your cabin.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Will be taking 2 moms (80's and (90's) in November -- both will be pushed in wheelchairs.

I booked in April online and already the dining option said "wait listed" for both times...the only option being Your Time Dining. This seems odd being so far out? Really prefer a reserved time with the logistics of the moms.

Any ideas or suggestions? We are on deck 9.

Thanks in advance!!

Take any time dining and go the same time each day! Also on the Vista, any time dining is in the rear dining room with better views!

• Thanks 1

How do you know where to go first for the pager? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IIRC, check in was on Deck 5, next to the Fun Hub area, right near the Java Blue Shake Spot.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Carnival-Vista&deck=5

someone please correct me if i am wrong.

• Thanks 1

We booked 6 months in advance on the Vista and weren't even able to Waitlist for Late Dining. I kept checking and eventually was able to Waitlist all 4 rooms (8 people total) to Late Dining. The closer to the date the final payment was due our rooms changed from Waitlist to just Late Dining. With your cruise being in November I think you'll be ok to get it changed. :)

• Thanks 1