Royal Caribbean - Independence Bride - Hair Question

Hi everyone!

My Fiance and I are getting married on the Independence of the Seas in February 2019. Cruise Planner and other departments are telling my travel agent that a group hair appointment for the 5 of us cannot be set up until we GET ON the ship. Has anyone been married recently on a Royal Caribbean ship that was able to set up hair prior to getting on board? It obviously makes me more than a little anxious thinking about that being up in the hair until so late in the game. Any guidance would be appreciated! :)

Thanks,

Sarah

• 1 year later...

Hi Sarah!  I am at present, considering planning my wedding on the Independence of the Seas for April 2021. yeah... I know it's far away but I just got engaged this week!  Since this post is quite old I'm hoping you've already had your wedding and you can give me lots of advice about the Independence. 

Thank you so much! 

Amy Fletcher 

Charleston, SC

HI jeepster! I did not get a response from whitemoth yet. 

I haven't booked ours yet.  Definitely going on the cruise to get married... however 2nd guessing the wedding packages though. My friends want to know why I would pay no less than $3800 for a wedding ceremony lasting 20 minutes, and THEN over $2500 more for an hour of food and drinks reception.  When after the ceremony we're just going to go to a bar and drink for free on our drink packages?  Why not do a ceremony on the top deck by the pool in the morning or afternoon,  head down to a bar for drinks and then off to dinner?   Spend the $3000+ on flowers, a cake you can buy in the "gift shop", buy a cabana on the beach for one of the Port days or something else like that.  It's not that I don't have a lot of money to spend... I do... but heck...why spend $6000 for 1 hour when I truly, REALLY dont have to.  Right??!!! 

1 hour ago, SCCruisinCrazy said:

HI jeepster! I did not get a response from whitemoth yet. 

I haven't booked ours yet.  Definitely going on the cruise to get married... however 2nd guessing the wedding packages though. My friends want to know why I would pay no less than $3800 for a wedding ceremony lasting 20 minutes, and THEN over $2500 more for an hour of food and drinks reception.  When after the ceremony we're just going to go to a bar and drink for free on our drink packages?  Why not do a ceremony on the top deck by the pool in the morning or afternoon,  head down to a bar for drinks and then off to dinner?   Spend the $3000+ on flowers, a cake you can buy in the "gift shop", buy a cabana on the beach for one of the Port days or something else like that.  It's not that I don't have a lot of money to spend... I do... but heck...why spend $6000 for 1 hour when I truly, REALLY dont have to.  Right??!!! 

That’s why we decided to do the $1950 package with no food or drinks. We will have a large table in the MDR for right after the ceremony for food. I know the actual ceremony is only 20 mins but they give you one hour for everything including cake and pics. So I think that price will be just good for what we want. 

The four day cruise is the wedding reception!!! Lol

Edited by thjeepster
Error

I saw that option too.  Since your last message I've decided to forgo the reception.  I was wondering.... do you have 10 persons or less coming on the ship for your wedding?  I noticed the $1950 package is for 10 people or less.  I'm pretty sure I'll have more than 10.  I wrote to them ... meaning.... the company that books the weddings for the cruise lines... They told me if I had more than 10 then I'd have to get the $3800 package... AND THE ONLY DIFFERENCE is a 3 tier cake instead of a 2 tier cake.  I was a little chapped about the whole thing.  They claimed that if there were more people they would need more staff to set up and break down and clean up etc....   SO 15 more people would make SUCH A mess in an empty lounge with a cake? 

As you can see I am feeling a bit grumpy about it now....  But...stay tuned!  🙂 

Yeah, I know how you feel.

Luckily, we are only have 12 guests and they would allow for the extra 2.  They should do a $2500 package for guest of 15-30.

I think having a small place is nice on the ship like the Library so we can close the doors.  In the lounge depending on how many people you have they will still have the bar open and people can still come in.  We didn't like that choice so we went with the Library.