Carnival Vista Sailing Minor Married Couple

tooquickforu

Hello,

I am 22 ( us citizen ) and my wife (green card holder) will be 20 when we sail and we have indian marriage certificate ( we married in india ) and her passports, green card and american state id with my name in it.

I am carrying all 4 things when we go on our cruise, Will there be any problem? As i never had this happen before, Since i cruised with my parents but never alone.

Any info on this minor married policy thing? or any help or experiences would be nice.

Thank you

Does nobody simply call or email Carnival to ask a question like this?

I would rather get the answer directly from Carnival instead of a bunch of anonymous "experts" on discussion board.

Already did i am just checking around to see if someone had more info or person experience.

Hello,

I am 22 ( us citizen ) and my wife (green card holder) will be 20 when we sail and we have indian marriage certificate ( we married in india ) and her passports, green card and american state id with my name in it.

I am carrying all 4 things when we go on our cruise, Will there be any problem? As i never had this happen before, Since i cruised with my parents but never alone.

Any info on this minor married policy thing? or any help or experiences would be nice.

Thank you

It's best to call Carnival.

Who is the minor? There is no minor here. And you said every id is in her married name, so I don't see where the problem is?

Guests must be 21 or older to travel on their own. His wife is under 21. Normally guests under 21 on embarkation day must travel with someone 25 or older. Guests under 21 may travel without someone 25 or older if they are legally married or are qualified military personnel. The other exception is that guests who are 21 to 24 may travel with their minor children.

Although your wife is a permanent resident of the US, she is still a citizen of India. Make sure that none of the places you are visiting require a visa from a citizen of India. EM

Permanent Resident Card trumps Indian passport in this instance. My wife also has a green card (German citizenship) and she only shows the ARC when checking in for the cruise.

• 2 months later...
Does nobody simply call or email Carnival to ask a question like this?

I would rather get the answer directly from Carnival instead of a bunch of anonymous "experts" on discussion board.

If they did you would have no place to hang out :cool:

Who is the minor? There is no minor here. And you said every id is in her married name, so I don't see where the problem is?

A "minor" for the purpose of this question is someone under 21 years old. Not the "minor" as in not old enough to vote. Just not being old enough to drink. [i will resist going on a rant about that...]

Guests must be 21 or older to travel on their own. His wife is under 21. Normally guests under 21 on embarkation day must travel with someone 25 or older. Guests under 21 may travel without someone 25 or older if they are legally married or are qualified military personnel. The other exception is that guests who are 21 to 24 may travel with their minor children.

Right: since they are married, they can both be under 21. In this case, he is 22, but that is a moot point.