Vista YTD

LIZE

We were booked on the canceled Freedom cruise and had early dinning. I take meds and need to eat with them so I need to eat at or before 7pm.(Early seating all booked and VP said not wait list for it) I read that on the Vista YTD you go to deck 5 get a pager and them go back down to the dinning room area and wait. I also have a heart condition so that is somewhat of a strain with some days much worse than other.

Is there anything I can do just to wait in the dinning area.? Not asking for preferred seating just a way to do it as the other ships do instead of running all over the ship to eat. First time on the Vista.

Please no flaming, just asking for suggestions.

Perhaps the person sailing with you can go to deck 5 and get the pager while you wait there near the dining area. There’s usually areas to sit all over the place. That way you don’t have to go upstairs and then back down again. Or perhaps if walking is a big issue for you, you can rent a scooter. I’ve heard the prices are reasonable and it will be waiting for you in your cabin. And the ones you rent are able to fit through all of the ships doorways.

We were on the Vista last August and had YTD, I prefer to eat early as well and rarely had to wait once I got the pager. Generally I went and got the pager and met my family at the dinning room since it didn't make sense for us to all go get the pager.

I was on the Vista in March. They walked the line up on deck 5 repeatedly asking that only 1 person stand in line to represent the whole party. I stood in line & the rest of our (7 in total) party found seats on 5 & waited for me to get the all clear. I never got a pager. I waited in line, got to the counter & was told to gather my party & go right down to the dining room.

So it's actually preferred by Carnival (from my experience) that you send your companion & wait anyplace comfortable to you & have your companion gather you when your table is ready. Win win!

Meet with maitre’d when you board your cruise and explain your situation. I’m confident your specific requests will be accommodated without question. Just ask to be seated at a specific time in YTD and the maitre’d will make it happen.

We have done just this on past cruises and never had any issues with our request.

Sent from my iPad using Forums