Agadir Shore Excursion

travellovers2

We are trying to decide which shore excursion to do in Agadir.

Has anyone done the one that goes to Marrakech or Taroudant? These require a long drive, is it worth it? What kind of terrain would we be driving through?

The other option we have not to take long drives is a Panoramic Agadir City drive.

This is the overview: See the splendors of Agadir on a scenic 2.5-hour drive around the city. As you make you way to the ancient Kasbah, see the enormous Arabic inscription on the hill, which translates to “God, Country, King.”Stop for photos at the ruins of the Kasbah, the old quarter of the city where you’ll find the citadel. Then it’s on to the Souk El Had, traditional marketplace where you can hone your bartering skills while shopping for souvenirs and local craft. AG06

What have you done or recommend? Thank you for your help!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We just booked the Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas sailing on September 30, 2018 and will be in Agadir on October 5, 2018 from 7am-10pm. This will be our first time ever on the African continent and I am a little overwhelmed looking at the shore excursions. We are traveling with friends that booked the day long excursion to Marrakech but when I tried to book, it was already sold out. Has anyone used any of the outside tours in Agadir they would recommend or even any of the Royal Caribbean tours. We would consider Marrakech, Paradise Valley, Taroudant, etc. but really don't want to just spend the day at the beach. Is the town walkable if we just get off the ship and do our own thing? I don't see many reviews for Agadir online. Most tours have 1-3 reviews only.

Thank you very much.

• 5 weeks later...
We just booked the Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas sailing on September 30, 2018 and will be in Agadir on October 5, 2018 from 7am-10pm. This will be our first time ever on the African continent and I am a little overwhelmed looking at the shore excursions. We are traveling with friends that booked the day long excursion to Marrakech but when I tried to book, it was already sold out. Has anyone used any of the outside tours in Agadir they would recommend or even any of the Royal Caribbean tours. We would consider Marrakech, Paradise Valley, Taroudant, etc. but really don't want to just spend the day at the beach. Is the town walkable if we just get off the ship and do our own thing? I don't see many reviews for Agadir online. Most tours have 1-3 reviews only.

Thank you very much.

We are on the same cruise. We decided to book the tour to Taroudant since the ship will stay there for so long. Then we may take the little train that goes around the town of Agadir. Join the roll call for more information and to get your questions answered quicker. Enjoy the cruise!

• 1 month later...

The tour was more of a shopping spree. On our way to Agadir it just so happens that a guy is on the side of the road with his goats on top of a tree. They make a 10 minutes stop for pictures. The next stop is in a place that is fake set up for tours to go there and drink something. The drinks are free. I saw ladies paying at the bathroom. When they arrive in Taroudant, we are not allowed to get off and walk around, they stop by the side of the road for 5 minutes so you can take photos with the wall. As soon as the bus stopped, a policeman came to talk to them so we were told to rush. We didn't even bother to get off the bus. Then they take you walking very quickly through the Souk. You are not allowed to stop anywhere until they reach an area that is a very small courtyard surrounded by the specific shops where they want you to shop. If you try to go anywhere else, they immediately tell you that you cannot go out of the area. You have to stand there 20 minutes surrounded by very pushy salesmen, then we had to walk through the city to a store that we didn't even go in to by some scented item that we did not care for. From there they put us back on the bus and back to Agadir. We were very disappointed. One fo the guides came up to us at the end with his hand open with coins on it and asked "do you have something for me". We don't care to go back to Agadir and if we have to, we will stay on the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1