Explorer of the seas

2020 that's a bit disappointing as were on her next May and have read several times that she's showing signs of wear and tear, also many reviews saying same thing ref poor quality of food in buffet and MDR , if this is true why hasn't RCL acted upon it.

Unfortunately many people just look for things to complain about. As far as the food goes that is very subjective (as I am sure you know) and varies by person and their own tastes and choices. We will be on Explorer in September and I can't wait!!! It will be our 4th time sailing on her.

It’s very frustrating reading comments made about ships needing updating. I’ve cruised many times and never had the condition of the ship negatively affect my trip. How does a paint chip or small scrape affect a trip?

Food is very subjective. I agree that it has slipped a bit but I’ll take someone preparing and serving my meals on a nicely set table anyway.

Explorer will be due for a dry dock in the 2020 time frame, though it's possible that it may be limited to required periodic marine maintenance and inspection.

Bob, Explorer will be getting a full “Royal Amplified” drydock in 2020.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/RoyalAmplified/18061322_RoyalAmplified_Trade_Flyer.pdf

Anyone know why there are different deck plans for the Explorer for Mar 29/19 and Apr 13/19?

Happens at times, Voyager's have change at least 6-7 times over the last 19 yrs. Sometimes it's just adding cabins, other it's adding Rest. or changing one or 2 cabin cat's. Just look at the 2 deck plans side by side and see...

I was on Explorer in March this year and had no issues with the ship or the food

Likewise. We were on her for 23 days in april/may and thought the food was pretty good (And we've been on ships where it hasn't been). As for the condition of the ship I had better things to do than look out for chipped paint or spots of rust . She looked in fine condition to me . She also had one of the best CDs in the fleet in Graham Seymour

Thanks for your response. I keep wondering if all Viking Crown Lounges will be eliminated. Guess it’s just a matter of time.

They have not been eliminated or restricetd on any Sovereign, Vision, Voyager, Freedom, or Radiance class ship. They have only been restricted to suite guests on Oasis class ships, and of course they don't even exist on Quantum class ships.

I was on Explorer on her last Pacific Coastal cruise last fall before she left for Australia. No major issues with the ship, although staterooms were looking a little tired. Food and all around service was excellent - some of the best we've experienced in the last few years. Had a wonderful cruise & wouldn't hesitate to cruise on EX again, before or after the refit.