Puerto Rico question please

hello,

Doing a southern carribean cruise that starts and leaves from Puerto Rico.

1) is there a customs type process when disembarking?

2) is there generally lots of taxis at the port. Planning a taxi from port to airport.

3) does uber operate in San Juan?

Many thanks!!

hello,

2) is there generally lots of taxis at the port. Planning a taxi from port to airport.

Many thanks!!

I was in one of the boards for either San Juan or Carnival Fascination and I saw taxi prices posted and someone mentioned the cost of an uber from the airport. So I think you answers are yes, but to be sure search those boards.

hello,

Many thanks!!

1. Yes, you will go through customs when leaving the ship. There is no customs at the airport If flying to / from the US, if you are US citizen.

2. There will be lots of taxis available.

3. They do have Uber. Uber is not allowed to pick up at the airport, but can drop off. I believe they can pick up at the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

hello,

Many thanks!!

Depending on where you have been you will clear US customs when you return to San Juan.

It is no problem to get a cab.

Don't know about UBER. (Based on above comments about UBER, if they can't pick up at the port, just go across the street and have them pick you up there.

When you get to the airport use a porter who will take you to the front of all the lines.

Hi, my suggestion is to get a porter at the airport when you arrive from the ship. You need to find the agriculture check in point which can be tricky depending where you are in the airport. Everything has to be scanned there....do not to have your backpacks or large bags scanned. There are scales so you can weigh your luggage to be sure you are within weight limits. I find the cost of porter is well wort it. He brings you to the agriculture check point, to the scales if you feel you need them, will help print boarding passes at the kiosk, and get you to regular security all while pushing your luggage around. Nice way to end vacation.

Depending on where you have been you will clear US customs when you return to San Juan.

It is no problem to get a cab.

Don't know about UBER. (Based on above comments about UBER, if they can't pick up at the port, just go across the street and have them pick you up there.

When you get to the airport use a porter who will take you to the front of all the lines.

Yes they have Uber service, however all vehicles were rather small.