Aurea Private Sundeck

stoddaj1

Bea ... Forget all that, I can show you using one hand the answer to that ... :')

...............yeah, but SC is Swedish; who knows how he'd interpret it. :eek: Anyway, I'm trying to keep on his good side as he's promised to pick up the tab for the champers. :evilsmile:

Is the Aurea sundeck the same as the Top 18 Sundeck?

If yes it's supposed to be adults only according to msccruisesusa.com.

All of the literature we have for the UK states Top 18 is adult only, along with the spa and now garden pool. Regardless of if you have booked an Aurea experience and have children these areas are adult only. It does state that in the T&c's.

When we were Aurea on Divina a couple of years ago there were no children, we have an Aurea booking on Splendida next year an I'll be expecting it to be the same then. The quiet of the Top 18 is one of the appeals for us.

All of the literature we have for the UK states Top 18 is adult only, along with the spa and now garden pool. Regardless of if you have booked an Aurea experience and have children these areas are adult only. It does state that in the T&c's.

When we were Aurea on Divina a couple of years ago there were no children, we have an Aurea booking on Splendida next year an I'll be expecting it to be the same then. The quiet of the Top 18 is one of the appeals for us.

Hoping it'll apply for our Divina Aurea booking, too, CF! ;)

CF 27 ... The discussion is for the Seaside which has the Aurea area we think on Deck 19, as to which side MSC have not yet deemed us the customers responsible enough to know.

The UK site does not show Decks 19 or 20 despite the USA site having had those deck plans for months.

CF 27 ... The discussion is for the Seaside ..............

The OP omitted the 'Seaside' bit in the thread title, Dave, and we're now on page 3 so this point was bound to be overlooked/unnoticed. However, your feelings on the subject are understandable as you're sailing on Seaside in an Aurea suite soon, so the topic is very close to your heart and you're more aware of Seaside specific threads than some of the rest of us. :D

...............yeah, but SC is Swedish; who knows how he'd interpret it. :eek: Anyway, I'm trying to keep on his good side as he's promised to pick up the tab for the champers. :evilsmile:

If you call it champers I might not!

Champagne is a serious matter so to call it champers isn´t really ok! :mad:

CF 27 ... The discussion is for the Seaside which has the Aurea area we think on Deck 19, as to which side MSC have not yet deemed us the customers responsible enough to know.

The UK site does not show Decks 19 or 20 despite the USA site having had those deck plans for months.

My apologies, I didn't realise it was a Seaside question.

Is the Aurea sundeck unique to Seaside? I just assumed that all the ships had this area.

Your assumption was correct - the Top Solarium is not unique to Seaside. It is not always exclusive to Aurea guests. On most ships, others can use it for a fee. However, this wasn't the case on Meraviglia and I would assume that the same will apply on Seaside, if I'm right that that's the direction MSC is taking with its newer ships. It may be possible that Yacht Club guests will also have access, but I don't know for sure if that will be the case.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like the Top 19 Solarium on MSC Seaside will be adults only ............

Not a mention of YC guests, good, bad or indifferent. Having said that, if that's from the MSC for Me app, I wouldn't be paying too much attention to it, if the misinformation on it about Meraviglia before she sailed is anything to go by.

This could be interesting 58 Aurea Suites, 78 Aurea Balconies with a total of maybe 350 guests some of which will be kids who are not allowed up there plus others who might pay, sure I heard last week that there would be around 250 sun loungers! .... :confused:

This could be interesting 58 Aurea Suites, 78 Aurea Balconies with a total of maybe 350 guests some of which will be kids who are not allowed up there plus others who might pay, sure I heard last week that there would be around 250 sun loungers! .... :confused:

My son will be 14 and that will not be fun if we cannot all use the solarium Area. He would not be a disruption. We shall see!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While I agree that it's nice to have a kids free area, I really do think that MSC should have a warning on the Aurea Suites and Balconies when booking that kids are not allowed in the Solarium provided. They should make sure when booking that people are aware of this.

While I agree that it's nice to have a kids free area, I really do think that MSC should have a warning on the Aurea Suites and Balconies when booking that kids are not allowed in the Solarium provided. They should make sure when booking that people are aware of this.

I understand there has to be a cut off somewhere but my wife and I will be the travelling with our 16 year old daughter and this makes the area pretty worthless for us. We are not likely to split up and leave her on her own. She is a young adult who can not drink and hardly likely to be running riot within that area. Oh well strike another thing off the list of things to do on the ship.

I understand there has to be a cut off somewhere but my wife and I will be the travelling with our 16 year old daughter and this makes the area pretty worthless for us. We are not likely to split up and leave her on her own. She is a young adult who can not drink and hardly likely to be running riot within that area. Oh well strike another thing off the list of things to do on the ship.

That is the same situation with our son that I mentioned. He is our only and will not be running a riot either. He would only be there with us and spending family time. I plan to inquire when we get on board since others have experienced them being allowed it sounds like from the other posts.

You do make a good point because we technically have paid for him to have an Aurea Level experience and it would have been nice to know ahead of time that this could be the case. I will check on board anyway and see. You never know!

You do make a good point because we technically have paid for him to have an Aurea Level experience (...)

Since under 18s go to MSC cruises in 3rd bed with (nearly?) no fee this might be not the best argument.

I think it will depend on the real situation on the vessel:

If you arrive on the sundeck early with your teen, occupy your loungers and have a relaxed day in the sun nobody might even realize that there are "kids" on the deck. :cool:

If your kids would rush beetween playgound and sundeck the whole day, screaming "Daddy!" when they climb stairs, drop their icecream on the floor - someone might ask to send them away from that place.;)

But I really can't imagine a "passport control" on deck?! :confused:

Has anyone experiences like that on the older ships?

Edited by yra

Here is my take on this. The area needs a cut-off age, I am really surprised it is not 18 and over so that it is truly an adult experience.

Every parent thinks there should be an exception made for their kid, I probably would have as well when mine were that age but a rule is a rule and if I approach the area and there is no place for me to sit (this may certainly happen due to the seating available vs. cabins accessibility) and I see a few teenagers taking up the seating, no matter how well they are behaving I will expect to see MSC remove them from the area where they, by the rules they have created, are not permitted.

If there are plenty of loungers available and they actually are just sitting there reading or listening to music I am fine with it.

Here is my take on this. The area needs a cut-off age, I am really surprised it is not 18 and over so that it is truly an adult experience.

Every parent thinks there should be an exception made for their kid, I probably would have as well when mine were that age but a rule is a rule and if I approach the area and there is no place for me to sit (this may certainly happen due to the seating available vs. cabins accessibility) and I see a few teenagers taking up the seating, no matter how well they are behaving I will expect to see MSC remove them from the area where they, by the rules they have created, are not permitted.

If there are plenty of loungers available and they actually are just sitting there reading or listening to music I am fine with it.

I think that’s fair... well put.

Especially since none of the other areas are specifically for adults only. There’s so much deck space elsewhere, as much as it may not be as easy to get some deck chairs in other places where minors are allowed as hopefully it will be on Top 19, it is what it is. Do what you gotta do to get your deck chairs, get your unlimited drinks with the Aurea package, and make it work. There are SO many places on the ship designed to entertain kids and teens. Let the adults have their one area!