NCL Haven Cruiser Trying Seaside YC

RollTideGuy

Sure hope no other cruise line adopts this new method of "bid-to-sail". It's lousy. :(:(

With NCL, it's either "pay the inflated Haven price (which will subsidize the bids)" or "book a lower category and hope that you get an offer to bid (not everyone gets the invite), hope that your bid wins, and get whatever stateroom is available in that category".

It doesn't favor those who book their suite directly nor those who are particular about stateroom choice. I'm both so I despise the bidding process.

]Is this truly how the new NCL bidding process works[/b]? Wow. - that's crazy. I have noticed that the prices for the Havens are sometimes 2x as much as the YC suite on MSC. Sure hope no other cruise line adopts this new method of "bid-to-sail". It's lousy. :(:(

Depends on who you talk to. Some people book the stateroom category they want, they put a bid in (not everyone gets a chance to bid), they either win (and are happy unless they get undesirable location) or they lose and are either mad they didn't win or were fine with what they booked originally.

My husband and I cruise about 2 times a year on NCL and just love the Haven we can't seem to go back to a regular Suite or balcony cabin any longer, we really enjoy the private pool Restaurant and all the other perks that you get in the Haven. We have noticed that their prices have gone up tremendously and we were in the hunt for a new Cruise Line for us that had the same perks that we have become accustomed that's like the Haven that's when I saw MSC wow what beautiful ships they have along with that Yacht Club we can't wait until our 2018 Cruise on the seaside I hear that the yacht club on there ships are spectacular. MSC was so wonderful they even honored are level from NCL which put us at the highest level for MSC. The customer service at MSC was also very friendly.

I really don't understand NCL's Haven pricing. The YC, though the suites may be smaller, offers so much more then the Haven. FREE drinks throughout the ship, including the ref. in the cabin. No extra grats for the drinks. A great resturant, a beautiful lounge, and pool area. Free room service from anywhere at any time. The list goes on. I'm booked on the Seaside for next December in the YC for $3954.00 including DSC, taxes, and port charges. This is for a balcony. The inside cabins in the YC are about $2500.00. For me, there is no reason to pay $6500.00 for the Haven for a Penthouse suite, which also include port fees, taxes, and DSC.