Name the next Carnival Ship!

KCpumkin

I just noticed your old post. I am quoting you so you can get credit as the 1st to guess if you are correct. Vista has a Horizon MDR. Horizon has a Reflection MDR. Carnival Reflection. I like it. :-)
I was discussing this in a PM with some friends a few weeks ago. Vista has a Reflection & Horizon MDR. Horizon has a Reflection & Meridian MDR. By that logic, Vista 3 *should* be called Meridian. And Reflection *should* be the first of the LNG-powered ships. And, it's quite possible that whatever is the name of the aft MDR on Vista 3 could be the name of the second LNG-powered ship (I'm assuming the mid-ship MDR on Vista 3 will be called Reflection, the same as on Vista & Horizon). I guess time will tell!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Carnival Oasis, oh wait that's taken, Carnival Escape, oh nope, Carnival Allure, hmmmm, Carnival Harmony, Carnival Getaway, Carnival Symphony, Carnival Breakaway, Carnival Eclipse, Joy, Spectrum, Royal, Quantum, Bliss, well I think all the good names are taken. I guess time to start over, The Carnival Mardi Gras :)

I was discussing this in a PM with some friends a few weeks ago. Vista has a Reflection & Horizon MDR. Horizon has a Reflection & Meridian MDR. By that logic, Vista 3 *should* be called Meridian. And Reflection *should* be the first of the LNG-powered ships. And, it's quite possible that whatever is the name of the aft MDR on Vista 3 could be the name of the second LNG-powered ship (I'm assuming the mid-ship MDR on Vista 3 will be called Reflection, the same as on Vista & Horizon). I guess time will tell!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Wow, honestly I has no idea that was the name of the MDR's on ether of the ships. I was just going off of trademark search. I think that make it even more likely for vista 3. That said the LNG will be a totally different class so it same will not be similar to vista class. There is another vista class ship being built for one of the other carnival brands that still could be transfer to become vista 4, but that probably will not happen.

Each ship name follow a theme relative to that class For example

Fantasy Class - are all names enjoyable emotional states

Destiny/Triumph - are name of positive endings(destiny became Sunshine so it doesn't count)

Spirit - are positive names given to things that are outstanding or unusual

Conquest - are positive things associated with successful conflict or war

Dream - are names of things that can't be seen in the real world

Vista - are name landscapes usually described as being nice or beautiful

Splinter is the one exception since it was Concordia class ship oregioanly ment for Costa Cruise lines