Do you have to check out the life jackets on the boat like you do the towels?

Carleeb12

I assume you are referring to the life jackets they have at the pool. Our last cruise we saw many of the children using them in the pool. Don't know if you have to check them out like the towels.

Regardless, they may not be taken ashore to the beach or elsewhere.

OP, I am assuming that you are asking about those that some ships have for the young children to use in the pool. I can't answer your question, but hoping that I am helping to clarify for someone else :)

Thanks for that. I was thinking about the ones for emergencies and wondering why?

While it wasn't taking them off the ship, there was a couple that used them as part of their costume during the Halloween cruise we were on. I didn't even think about it being Halloween when we booked. They had a night were everyone dressed is costumes and they even had a content for the best. I'll have to admit there were some really good ones.

We bring a good US Coast Guard approved vest for the littlest one when we visit certain ports where we plan on doing some water activities/sailing, etc. Boats do have their own but not usually one small enough for a tiny child (size not age). it really doesn't take that much space, weighs almost nothing and the peace of mind is well worth it.