Royal Caribbean Set Sail pass and Tickets.

I went to pick up my 'tickets' from the travel agents or what Royal Caribbean call the 'Guest Ticket Booklet'. I expected to see a booklet but all the travel agent gave me was another copy of my set sail passes. Is a set sail pass all I need to travel? What about luggage tags? Where do I get them from? Will I still have access to the tickets on 'Count down to cruise' when it is 50 days to departure?

Has anyone used the Set Sail pass system before? Is it really quicker to get on the ship?

Thanks for all your help guys!

Nowadays, that's it! An "E" ticket, if you will.

Your TA should have given you a brochure...it has all the info that the old booklets had.

You can go online and order the tags, or get them at the pier from the porters. Of course, bring your ID...either BC and DL or passport.

It's a tad faster to have the setsail pass....then, they just verify the info, get your credit card imprint...and you're off!

Nowadays, that's it! An "E" ticket, if you will.

Your TA should have given you a brochure...it has all the info that the old booklets had.

You can go online and order the tags, or get them at the pier from the porters. Of course, bring your ID...either BC and DL or passport.

It's a tad faster to have the setsail pass....then, they just verify the info, get your credit card imprint...and you're off!

What brochure? Is it just the Royal Caribbean brochure with all the cruises in it and the terms and conditions. I already have that. I don't have the option to order the tags online because I am not in America. So the porters and the pier will have it?

Hi I am in England and got sent my luggage tags last year. Sailed from Southampton, don't know if that makes a difference. We filled our stuff in online and printed the Set Sail pass and it worked very well. Good luck.

Hi I am in England and got sent my luggage tags last year. Sailed from Southampton, don't know if that makes a difference. We filled our stuff in online and printed the Set Sail pass and it worked very well. Good luck.

I will be checking in online , printing my set sail pass, and if they have not sent me luggage tags by the time I leave home, then I will be able to get them at the dock, you just need to tell them your stateroom number and they will write on the tags and attach them there and then. Enjoy your cruise:)

Even everything is now done electronically, will I still be able to access my Guest Ticket booklet through Countdown to Cruise on the RCI website? I read somewhere that you can print luggage tags of there too. Is that true? What kind of information is included in the guest ticket booklets?

I will try and answer your questions as best I can , I am guessing That you are from the UK sailing from Southampton on Independence ? That is quite an assumption but if so then the following may be of some help .

I also booked through a TA , when I picked my docs up from the TA all I got was several sheets of A4 paper with all the details of my cruise , the front page says guest ticket booklet ,there will be your itinerary ,port directions,charge account cruise ticket and then luggage tag information .this replaces the nice little booklets that we used to get from royal .Your set sail pass is a sheet of paper that has Set Sail Pass written in the top right hand corner it has a large bar code and on that page it will have your name and cabin details, there will be one for each person travelling and you need this to check in at the port .As for the luggage tags there is a lot of confusion over this but for the Independence sailings they are now doing a trial asking us to print our own ,the way of doing this is to go to " manage my booking " at the bottom of the royal website , enter your details ,when in that section click on cruise documentation check status , in there click on guest booklet check status , you will see your names and a view document , click on that and you will find information on luggage tags and you can print them from there , make sure your tags are the right ones , these tags have folding instructions and instructions to selotape or staple , if all you have is a specimen tag which will be a very small tag with no instructions then you need to call royal to get your docs re issued and containing the proper tags .

So you need to make sure you have your Set Sail Pass , the cruise account page with your card details and then the luggage tags .

If you don't have these all it means is it will all have to be done at the port taking up much more time , I am sure there will be some people who are not equipped with the documents at the port but it's much easier if you have everything you need ready to go .

If your not sailing on Indy then all this applies apart from the luggage tags , on all other sailings I think you can just request them to be sent to you by calling royal .

I will try and answer your questions as best I can , I am guessing That you are from the UK sailing from Southampton on Independence ? That is quite an assumption but if so then the following may be of some help .

I also booked through a TA , when I picked my docs up from the TA all I got was several sheets of A4 paper with all the details of my cruise , the front page says guest ticket booklet ,there will be your itinerary ,port directions,charge account cruise ticket and then luggage tag information .this replaces the nice little booklets that we used to get from royal .Your set sail pass is a sheet of paper that has Set Sail Pass written in the top right hand corner it has a large bar code and on that page it will have your name and cabin details, there will be one for each person travelling and you need this to check in at the port .As for the luggage tags there is a lot of confusion over this but for the Independence sailings they are now doing a trial asking us to print our own ,the way of doing this is to go to " manage my booking " at the bottom of the royal website , enter your details ,when in that section click on cruise documentation check status , in there click on guest booklet check status , you will see your names and a view document , click on that and you will find information on luggage tags and you can print them from there , make sure your tags are the right ones , these tags have folding instructions and instructions to selotape or staple , if all you have is a specimen tag which will be a very small tag with no instructions then you need to call royal to get your docs re issued and containing the proper tags .

So you need to make sure you have your Set Sail Pass , the cruise account page with your card details and then the luggage tags .

If you don't have these all it means is it will all have to be done at the port taking up much more time , I am sure there will be some people who are not equipped with the documents at the port but it's much easier if you have everything you need ready to go .

If your not sailing on Indy then all this applies apart from the luggage tags , on all other sailings I think you can just request them to be sent to you by calling royal .

Thanks for all your help!

I am actually sailing from Venice, on the Splendour of the Seas and I have done my booking in Australia. The TA told me that the luggage tag was the little paper with the cabin on the set-sail pass. I asked him to clarify if this is actually the luggage tag and then he said he didnt know. I then went to the RCI website and it said that you can order luggage tags only if you are booking from North America. Some say the luggage tag request appears when the guest ticket booklets appear on the internet, some say that you need to print it out with the guest ticket booklets. I am just so confused about the whole process.

I am actually sailing from Venice, on the Splendour of the Seas and I have done my booking in Australia. The TA told me that the luggage tag was the little paper with the cabin on the set-sail pass. I asked him to clarify if this is actually the luggage tag and then he said he didnt know. I then went to the RCI website and it said that you can order luggage tags only if you are booking from North America. Some say the luggage tag request appears when the guest ticket booklets appear on the internet, some say that you need to print it out with the guest ticket booklets. I am just so confused about the whole process.

Since they are all e-documentation in Australia it's just the paper tags in the e-docs that guests receive.

The only time that you will have the sticky bag tags is when you arrive at the pier and the porters provide the tags there.

I would guess therefore that when your TA printed out your E-Documentation they should have been able also to print out the paper tags.:confused:

The luggage tag to print off will be in your guest booklet like I described , in the manage my booking online , it should be there if you have less than 50 days to sailing , it is definitely not that small tag that comes with the set sail pass , you need to view the guest booklet document and if you don't see the tag with all the folding instructions then try and explain to your TA that royal need to re issue your online docs with the proper paper tags included .

Since they are all e-documentation in Australia it's just the paper tags in the e-docs that guests receive.

The only time that you will have the sticky bag tags is when you arrive at the pier and the porters provide the tags there.

I would guess therefore that when your TA printed out your E-Documentation they should have been able also to print out the paper tags.:confused:

My TA said that all I need to travel was a Set Sail pass and that I do not need anything else. I asked where the luggage tags were and he said that they were the tiny, little tag with the state room on it on the back of the set sail pass. Does anyone know if Australian guests can order luggage tags online?

My TA said that all I need to travel was a Set Sail pass and that I do not need anything else. I asked where the luggage tags were and he said that they were the tiny, little tag with the state room on it on the back of the set sail pass. Does anyone know if Australian guests can order luggage tags online?

If you can order them the option to do that will be in your booking online ,your TA is wrong that small tag is just a specimen tag , how can you cut it out and use it if it's on the back of your set sail pass ? I think I would be on the phone to either the TA or royal to get this sorted .

I am in Australia and have booked thru a US agent. They have sent me nothing, I went onto the RCI site, entered my details and completed the online check in that gets you your set sail pass. Then after a few weeks, there was a notice saying my documentation was ready. This is a booklet. I just went thru it and printed the address and time of departure, the itinerary and the baggage tags. Full size ones to use. Go onto the web site - it is easy to use.

We also are leaving on the Splendour on April 22, 2012. We have printed off a "Guest Ticket Booklet" which is 14 pages in total. A cover page, cruise summary, travel summary, preparing for your journey, port directions, onboard and shore bookings, cruise contract (4 pages), charge account (which is done online anyways), paper luggage tags, next cruise inquiry, back page. All of it is cute and fun to have in your hand as a reminder your cruise is coming soon. In reality though, all of it is already done online when you did your cruise personalizations and passport information etc. You only need your set sail pass which you have. The luggage tags we have requested to be mailed to us, which i did online on my manage cruise section. We haven't received them yet, but others in our party did so hopefully today we will. If not, no biggie as I will photocopy the one I have and tape it on or something.

If you can order them the option to do that will be in your booking online ,your TA is wrong that small tag is just a specimen tag , how can you cut it out and use it if it's on the back of your set sail pass ? I think I would be on the phone to either the TA or royal to get this sorted .

The Set Sail pass that was given to me was not copied back to back. I am going to have to call RCI because we are leaving for Europe very soon and do not have any documentation or bag tags. Thanks for all your help!

We also are leaving on the Splendour on April 22, 2012. We have printed off a "Guest Ticket Booklet" which is 14 pages in total. A cover page, cruise summary, travel summary, preparing for your journey, port directions, onboard and shore bookings, cruise contract (4 pages), charge account (which is done online anyways), paper luggage tags, next cruise inquiry, back page. All of it is cute and fun to have in your hand as a reminder your cruise is coming soon. In reality though, all of it is already done online when you did your cruise personalizations and passport information etc. You only need your set sail pass which you have. The luggage tags we have requested to be mailed to us, which i did online on my manage cruise section. We haven't received them yet, but others in our party did so hopefully today we will. If not, no biggie as I will photocopy the one I have and tape it on or something.

Thanks for your help.

I will have to call RCI to sort this out....

I just copied the paper fold luggage tag that comes with the electronic ticket booklet as many times as necessary on the home printer copier. This was sufficient to get luggage sent to the correct cabin. And on the cruise departing Sydney there was a tag stand for those who didn't organise the tags prior to arriving at the wharf.

Hi,

Just logged onto countdown to cruise and my guest documentation was ISSUED!!! But I can't find the button to order the luggage tags anywhere... Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help! :)

No need worry yourself over this.

The porter taking your luggage at the port has tags for you. If you really want tags before you leave home, print copies out from the page on your cruise documents, cut an elongated version, and laminate or place wide tape over them to strenthen.

That said, its much easier to just roll up spend 30 seconds on the day. :)

S and P

Hi,

Just logged onto countdown to cruise and my guest documentation was ISSUED!!! But I can't find the button to order the luggage tags anywhere... Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help! :)

The porter taking your luggage at the port has tags for you. If you really want tags before you leave home, print copies out from the page on your cruise documents, cut an elongated version, and laminate or place wide tape over them to strenthen.

S and P

Good advice, don't worry about your luggage tags, get them at the port. I take it you have your Set Sail passes all sorted and printed? That's all I would worry about, and even then it can be sorted at port checkin if you've not managed to print them.

S and P

Thanks anyway!

I just thought that there would be a way to get the '8 adhesive personalised' tags sent to our house address!

Has anyone else from Australia have any experience with Royal. Did you order baggage tags or did you print them out with the cruise documentation? Did you have the option of ordering the bag tags? Please explain your experience.

Thanks

Hi I booked from Australia the tags are close to the back of your guest ticket booklet just copy that page as many times as you want I am laminating mine. Have a great time.

Archived