Inspiration M299

jt58203

Well, booked earlier today and the cheery & fun Carnival rep told me this was a great cabin but I'm not 100% convinced. I've found no recent reviews on this type of cabin (cabin number ending in 299 across the entire Carnival Fantasy class fleet). This is a free cruise for 2 (through playing the MyVegas slots app, taxes & port charges extra & we paid a little extra for a 3rd person) I'm sure it'll be okay. We like to travel cheap and we are experienced cruisers that really don't spend much time in the cabin. As of now, the Carnival website doesn't show any other 4B cabins to switch to, we don't want to pay extra money for something better, and not desperate enough to ask for a downgrade. Our trip isn't until January so it's possible to get a cabin change prior to departure. If not, we won't have high expectations. Just looking for reviews or opinions.

Stay away from Cabin 299 on Fantasy-class ships!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1167165

Bring earplugs or turn the music up on the TV.

Thanks for the advice. That post was 7 years ago & maybe they've corrected the problem during renovations. I love noise and live next to an interstate and would probably go crazy if I have a quiet room--Ok, so I'm a little different. My two girlfriends probably wouldn't appreciate that as much as I would though.

Hi,

My experience has been on either the Imagination/Inspiration (both sister ships, but don't remember the exact ship) anyway, we were on the Main Deck all the way forward in a Porthole Cabin. I loved the porthole view that was offered for the Inside price.

The drawback was that LOUD banging of metal against the ship....Whatever was officially going on ....that's what we heard. I turned up the a.c., it's on the ceiling, and it did help in noise reduction. I'd suggest bringing your own fan and putting the setting on High! Or a white noise machine.

The room itself was fine, and those ships are not very big, so really wasn't a long walk IMHO to get around.

Have Fun!

Bobbi

Hi,

My experience has been on either the Imagination/Inspiration (both sister ships, but don't remember the exact ship) anyway, we were on the Main Deck all the way forward in a Porthole Cabin. I loved the porthole view that was offered for the Inside price.

The drawback was that LOUD banging of metal against the ship....Whatever was officially going on ....that's what we heard. I turned up the a.c., it's on the ceiling, and it did help in noise reduction. I'd suggest bringing your own fan and putting the setting on High! Or a white noise machine.

The room itself was fine, and those ships are not very big, so really wasn't a long walk IMHO to get around.

Have Fun!

Bobbi

It looks to me that the porthole cabins only have room for 2 people. I've experienced a LOUD banging before on a ship, and my cabin was on deck 4 forward and a balcony room (Holland America's Zuiderdam). It didn't bother me (as I enjoy noise) but my husband couldn't get a good night's sleep on the 10 day cruise!

Exactly. Where is M299? I think OP wrote down wrong number

Nope, it is the correct cabin number. It's located forward next to M53, weird huh? Some have said this cabin was an afterthought--maybe they're right!

Nope, it is the correct cabin number. It's located forward next to M53, weird huh? Some have said this cabin was an afterthought--maybe they're right!

Thanks! That was driving me crazy.

You may get some anchor noise there if this goes to Catalina.

Oops I was wrong :(.

Thanks for all the responses. I was just able to change cabins, down a deck mid-ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well good, I'm glad you found a cabin you might prefer. :D Yes, it was for 2 people only. I went with our son, he was on Spring Break at the time.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Bobbi