Does arrival appointment time slot matter?

jbcw66

I made my choice at 11:30am before I purchased FTTF. My printed out boarding pass also shows 11:30am. I just checked I could edit time slot as early as 10am. We probably would arrive around 10:00 to 10:30. Shall I edit the arrival time online and print out the boarding pass again? Or it doesn't matter because we have FTTF?

First of all at 10 am the ship will still be debarking guests. I just can not understand why people have to get to the terminal so early. We are Platinum and usually arrive between 12-1. They won't run out of burgers, there will still be plenty of liquor. The later boarding is much more relaxed. What are going to gain by being the first on board? Our last 2 cruises were B2B and the computers were not reset until 11-11:15, so no food or liquor until they clear the previous trip. As Aaron Rogers says R-E-L-A-X

I made my choice at 11:30am before I purchased FTTF. My printed out boarding pass also shows 11:30am. I just checked I could edit time slot as early as 10am. We probably would arrive around 10:00 to 10:30. Shall I edit the arrival time online and print out the boarding pass again? Or it doesn't matter because we have FTTF?

It doesn't matter because you have FTTF, you can arrive at any time you'd like.

With FTTF it doesn't matter. Show up whenever you like and get in the express line (suite/plat/diamond/fttf).

Thank you! If for people who do not have FTTF, do they have to really follow the arrival window? If they are late, they still just get in line and wait for boarding, right? What's the arrival window designed for? For carnival to control and smooth boarding process?

First of all at 10 am the ship will still be debarking guests. I just can not understand why people have to get to the terminal so early. We are Platinum and usually arrive between 12-1. They won't run out of burgers, there will still be plenty of liquor. The later boarding is much more relaxed. What are going to gain by being the first on board? Our last 2 cruises were B2B and the computers were not reset until 11-11:15, so no food or liquor until they clear the previous trip. As Aaron Rogers says R-E-L-A-X

Yeah, you're right. I totally agree with you. We live about one hour and thirty minutes away from the port. My husband is always ready at time earlier than we really needed, no matter catching airplane, boarding cruise, attending church, etc. That's his style. Because of me and kids, we never arrive really early;p

Thank you! If for people who do not have FTTF, do they have to really follow the arrival window? If they are late, they still just get in line and wait for boarding, right? What's the arrival window designed for? For carnival to control and smooth boarding process?

For people without FTTF (and that are not otherwise priority, such as platinum/diamond, etc.), they may embark any time after their scheduled time, just not before. And Carnival does enforce that by turning non-priority people away if they arrive before their scheduled embarkation time. You are correct that staggered embarkation is for crowd control and to make boarding go more smoothly.

While I agree 10 am is rather early, if you're staying in a hotel pre-cruise you generally have to check out by 11 am. At that point, why would you delay going to the terminal any longer? What else are you going to to do, sit in the hotel lobby with your bags rather than sitting in the cruise terminal with your bags? The bags would make doing anything else during that time problematic as well.

You could request a late checkout from your hotel, but to what end? So you can sit in your hotel room another hour so you can arrive at the terminal later? We usually catch a cab to the port in the 10:30 to 11:00 timeframe and are typically on board by around noon without FTTF. It's really not a problem. (If you can get a time slot permitting that of course)

Because not all cruises are still disembarking pax at 1000. I have been able to board one time at 1030 and usually around 1100 which I could not do if I arrived at 12-1.

And maybe I just like sitting in the terminal daydreaming about my upcoming cruise. Is that okay with you and Aaron Rogers??? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

What? Is what OK? Kind of a strange comment at best. If you board at 10:30, which i doubt, nothing will be open, no bars will be open. When we were on the Serenity deck waiting for the bars to open. the bartender said, "when the system resets" and that was at 11.

no problem, show up anytime after your assigned time.

I understand that. I'm wondering that if we do, do we go to the end of the current line?

No flaming, I'm not trying to cut in line, I just want to know the 'etiquette' of it!

it does not matter.

I don't like being stressed about getting somewhere "on time" so I plan on being early just in case something happens along the way. We fly in the day before embarkation so I won't be stressed about missing a flight/connection. Our hotels have usually been near airports which are 30-45 minutes from the port. I arrange transportation that will get us to the port between 1030-11a. Our last cruise didn't have staggered boarding, this time we'll have FTTF. Even if we get there and have to wait, I'll feel better that we're at the port and I can relax until it's time to board.

We arrive early to get a disabled parking spot. Mom and I print out separate boarding passed so she can drop me and the baggage off and find a close parking spot. We don't mind people watching and waiting to board. On our last cruise, we were on board by 11, getting our food, drinks, and finding another cabin, since we walked in on our flooded cabin. We were assigned another cabin after dinner.

We arrive early to get a disabled parking spot. Mom and I print out separate boarding passed so she can drop me and the baggage off and find a close parking spot. We don't mind people watching and waiting to board. On our last cruise, we were on board by 11, getting our food, drinks, and finding another cabin, since we walked in on our flooded cabin. We were assigned another cabin after dinner.

What a mess!!! Glad they had somewhere else to move you to!

They only have individual boarding passes now and there's no longer an option to print them all on one anymore. I think it has to do with the S&S cards in the mailboxes on some ships because they need to scan each person getting on the ship individually and the fact that you use your boarding pass to make purchases before your cabin is ready.

What? Is what OK? Kind of a strange comment at best. If you board at 10:30, which i doubt, nothing will be open, no bars will be open. When we were on the Serenity deck waiting for the bars to open. the bartender said, "when the system resets" and that was at 11.

Last 3 cruises I was on Lido with a DOD in hand by 10:45....

Because we like to start our cruise as early as possible. I am not sure what you mean by more relaxed... We get to parking about 10am, gather our stuff.. make our way to the terminal and walk on the ship at 11-1115 each time, and basically walk right on the ship, hop in a lounge chair and chill. Not sure how that is not relaxing.