laundry faciilties on westerdam

spunquilts

From everything I've researched, the Vista-class ships, including ms Westerdam, do not have self-service laundry. Given that, they do have a $12 "all you can stuff" bag, or $45 unlimited for a 7-night cruise washing/laundry (not dry-cleaning), then extra if you want dry cleaning.

The laundry service on the Westerdam is wonderful. Our clothes came back ironed and folded so nice, even the undies were in a nice box with tissue paper. Before the end of the cruise I send everything out and pack clean clothes to take home.:)

The laundry service on the Westerdam is wonderful. Our clothes came back ironed and folded so nice, even the undies were in a nice box with tissue paper. Before the end of the cruise I send everything out and pack clean clothes to take home.:)

It's like Christmas each day when the laundry comes back, lol! Too bad under the tissue it's the same old clothes ;-) We sail on the Westerdam today & we're staying in a suite so we'll make good use of the "free" laundry, dry cleaning & pressing services (for suite guests)!

Sue/WDW1972

Westerdam 2/8/09

No self serve laundry on Westerdam (and other Vista class) but the $45 (or $48?) unlimited laundry option worked well for us last week. As long as you get it to them by 9 am they have it back the next afternoon or early evening. Dry cleaning is additional.

• 2 years later...

We were on the Westerdam in Oct. there is no self laundry. There is a clothes line to pull out over the tub if needed when you rinse things out in the sink. The laundry was good but they did misplace a couple of items for a day, we did get them back. They ask you to describe the item and they will hunt it down, my solution, take a snap shot of them items before putting them into the bag so you can remember what you sent to be laundered. Much easier to show them a picture of the item than to try to describe it. They did press out my crinkle shirt (that could not have been easy) but the crinkles (mostly) came back after a wash and dry at home.

From everything I've researched, the Vista-class ships, including ms Westerdam, do not have self-service laundry. Given that, they do have a $12 "all you can stuff" bag, or $45 unlimited for a 7-night cruise washing/laundry (not dry-cleaning), then extra if you want dry cleaning.

Isn't the "all you can stuff" bag price closer to $20 per bag? :confused:

I'm still trying to find out if I can specify cold water and supply my own laundry soap since I'm allergic to so many kinds.

welcome to cruise critic

ALL laundry is washed in hot water and dried on hot -- all the machines are industrial size machines as they have tons of laundry to do every day - thus they can not do special requests

suggest you do your own laundry in the sick with your own soap

I did the "Behind the Scenes" tour last week on the Oosterdam and we were told (I asked) that whites would be washed separately with other whites... We may have just been luckily but certainly the white items we handed in came back white and not "Grey"...

I did the "Behind the Scenes" tour last week on the Oosterdam and we were told (I asked) that whites would be washed separately with other whites... We may have just been luckily but certainly the white items we handed in came back white and not "Grey"...

My DH had several white undershirts come back green. Go figure.

We (I) loved the unlimited laundry for $45 on our 2009 cruise (I do most of it at home) and still have a couple of things with the little ironed-on tag clinging on for dear life. That said, not worrying about laundry made for a very relaxing cruise. Just think of the quarters you'd spend (and time wasted) doing your own laundry onboard. Like others have said, it's a great way to return home with mostly clean clothes!

Archived