Royal ships with an actual nightclub?

Bob, when did you become a host ? Gee, I guess I really haven't been here for a while. :)

Slyone, like I said I think it's a question of timing. Any spring break cruise and most summer cruises are going to be filled with younger people looking to have a good time and that will mean the night club space is active. During the rest of the year any of the shorter cruises over a weekend are generally going to be the same. A Caribbean or Bahamas itinerary leaving from a US city should do the trick.

As a female Night Owl (Night Owless?) who has cruised a fair bit, I've never sailed ANY Royal Caribbean ship that didn't have a "Disco/Club."

It's incorrect to say that any RCCL ship "did away" with its Club...They just changed the venue to the Viking Crown! Check your Daily Compass for "Music" and look for the late night DJ. That's where the Club is!

As previously mentioned, one night of your cruise there might be a "Wear White Party" in the Solarium or a "Dancing Under the Stars Party" at the Pool .

Frankly, I hated the Goth, two-story clubs on Voyager/Freedom class ships: Bold, bright "black lights" around the lower bar making some people's teeth glow yellow, absolute darkness in the seated section, and "creepers" looking down at you from above the dance floor. Yuck!

Viking Crown is a much better venue...Softer lighting, great views, good music, and a more challenging Dance Floor...The higher up, the more motion of the ocean!

My favorite Disco/Clubs are on the Radiance Class ships: Brilliance, Jewel, etc. for the 360 degree rotating bar in the Viking Crown. I can't tell you how much fun it is to be sitting "still" at the bar, yet being able to check out the entire club! If they have the time, the bartenders sometimes tease patrons who visit the restroom, by rotating the bar 180 degrees...There's a little confusion upon their return!

Your mileage may vary!

Happy cruising!

NittanyLioness (aka Night Owless)

Yup, just hoping for fun people and a good DJ. It has been rough on my last couple of Royal sailings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah, Harmony was tough last time I was there. I find Allure to be a bit younger, perhaps the cost is a bit lower.

Nothing is worse than when I sailed out of Bayonne. The "Music Hall" had nothing but a couple families in it dancing until two am with little kids doing the electric slide. Not one other fun group besides us.

Yeah, Harmony was tough last time I was there. I find Allure to be a bit younger, perhaps the cost is a bit lower.

Nothing is worse than when I sailed out of Bayonne. The "Music Hall" had nothing but a couple families in it dancing until two am with little kids doing the electric slide. Not one other fun group besides us.

Well Yorkvillain hasn't had a drink in a year. If the club is weak I can always spike his club soda and let him entertain the late night crowd.

Yup, just hoping for fun people and a good DJ. It has been rough on my last couple of Royal sailings.

This is one of the reasons I've trended away from RCI lately... I've run into either great DJs with no crowd to enjoy them (Anthem) or a great crowd with terrible DJs (Oasis / Allure). I've had better luck on Norwegian and just booked Escape for December, hoping for some decent nightlife. RC ripping out their previously awesome two-story dance clubs is another reason... such a bummer; those were great venues and I had some, err, memorable nights in there... Escape may not have a dedicated indoor dance club either, but Spice H20 is pretty awesome.

I do hope to get on Harmony or Symphony next just because Oasis Class ships are amazing and I haven't seen the second generation yet, so I'll have to cross my fingers for good DJs / a decent crowd when I go.

This is one of the reasons I've trended away from RCI lately... I've run into either great DJs with no crowd to enjoy them (Anthem) or a great crowd with terrible DJs (Oasis / Allure). I've had better luck on Norwegian and just booked Escape for December, hoping for some decent nightlife. RC ripping out their previously awesome two-story dance clubs is another reason... such a bummer; those were great venues and I had some, err, memorable nights in there... Escape may not have a dedicated indoor dance club either, but Spice H20 is pretty awesome.

I do hope to get on Harmony or Symphony next just because Oasis Class ships are amazing and I haven't seen the second generation yet, so I'll have to cross my fingers for good DJs / a decent crowd when I go.

I just did the Escape in May and I was thoroughly impressed with the nightlife. It really comes down to the crowd and DJ versus the venue. We will see how Harmony stacks up soon enough.

I've been critical of RCCL's club scene-both the Crypt style and Olive and Twist versions-but it wasn't bad this week (or make that 12 days) on the Liberty of the Seas. Olive and Rwist is better than the multi-level Crypt style which I think is awful. Still not as good as the dedicated niteclubs on Carnival. There are so many entertainment venues on the Liberty of the Seas that aren't attracting much crowds like the Pub, Wine Bar etc. Those places are a waste of space

I've been critical of RCCL's club scene-both the Crypt style and Olive and Twist versions-but it wasn't bad this week (or make that 12 days) on the Liberty of the Seas. Still not as good as the dedicated niteclubs on Carnival. There are so many entertainment venues on the Liberty of the Seas that aren't attracting much crowds like the Pub, Wine Bar etc. Those places are a waste of space

Most cruise lines, including Carnival, are moving to multi-purpose venues. NCL will be taking a page from Harmony with the debut of the Bliss and turning the comedy club into a dance club after hours. Carnival uses its theatre space as a night club like the Liquid Lounge on the Carnival Sunshine.

8010578a6947ed71c93670882616a73a.jpg

Club scene isn't really our thing, but that's pretty cool how they turned the venue like that. Good to give people plenty of options. Rick, I loved reading your review on the ABC Navigator cruise and references to the "nightlife". We'll be on there leaving Black Friday, I imagine it won't have gotten much better by then.

Club scene isn't really our thing, but that's pretty cool how they turned the venue like that. Good to give people plenty of options. Rick, I loved reading your review on the ABC Navigator cruise and references to the "nightlife". We'll be on there leaving Black Friday, I imagine it won't have gotten much better by then.

One never knows, but I would tend to agree. Nine nighters are not Meccas for the late night crowd. I still love the Navigator and the ABC itinerary. I would go again in a heartbeat.

Guess I'm in the minority. I enjoyed the Labyrinth/Crypt dual level club layout. The only issue is that the crowds were on the dance floor or at the bars. There was a LOT of wasted space for chairs that nobody used. I could see them doing away with the upper level and use the space better on the lower level.

Heck, one night they had the DJ at the pool for dancing under the stars. The venue was dead all night! This is probably why the clubs are going away and they're re-purposing venues for multiple uses

I did not find The Music Hall on Radience conducive for dancing. It took us a long time to get seats, and only on the upper level where the dancing was on the lower level. Enjoyed the music of Rock The Boat regardless.

Note to self. Do not leave drink unattended while Rick is around.

Ha! That just reminded me that about 4 nites ago on the Liberty somebody stole my LAST beer of the nite while I was going to the bathroom. I felt so violated. Maybe Rick was on board

I did not find The Music Hall on Radience conducive for dancing. It took us a long time to get seats, and only on the upper level where the dancing was on the lower level. Enjoyed the music of Rock The Boat regardless.

There are stairs.

Guess I'm in the minority. I enjoyed the Labyrinth/Crypt dual level club layout. The only issue is that the crowds were on the dance floor or at the bars. There was a LOT of wasted space for chairs that nobody used. I could see them doing away with the upper level and use the space better on the lower level.

Not sure about minority. Even RCL are continuing that design with the Music Hall on their latest ships dual level.

They're just looking for ways to make more revenue out of it. Doesn't make it a bad or unpopular design.

One never knows, but I would tend to agree. Nine nighters are not Meccas for the late night crowd. I still love the Navigator and the ABC itinerary. I would go again in a heartbeat.

I haven't been on Navigator since 2007 and never been on the ABC itinerary, really looking forward to it and seeing the changes in the ship. We have the drink package and plenty of beach days planned so I have a feeling overall enjoyment won't be an issue.

I haven't been on Navigator since 2007 and never been on the ABC itinerary, really looking forward to it and seeing the changes in the ship. We have the drink package and plenty of beach days planned so I have a feeling overall enjoyment won't be an issue.

The four sea days were the only way I got through that drink package marathon. Enjoy!