SouthWest Airlines Checkin

I'm not sure if this is proper here or on the Florida Departures board, but since it is RCI, I will start here.

When we cruise we totally unplug. So the question is if we use luggage Valet, does that only cover luggage to airport? Or does that include the online check in? Our last day is a sea day and we won't have the access to do the SouthWest check in. Or do you just buy an hour of time and use the ship computers.

Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

Luggage valet does include providing your boarding pass but the one time I used it, I was checked in. Not sure what happens if not checked in. Unfortunately, Royal does not sell computer time by the hour. Your best option would be to buy the early bird checkin for at least one of you.

Buy early bird added to your tickets for $15. Or at least one of you. This gets you automatic check in usually in the A group. This way you don't have to check in 24 hours prior. Easiest way to do it when coming back from a cruise. If one of you buys it one can get on board and save a seat for the other. Since one will be a middle seat they are the last to be filled anyway. We have done this lots of times. ( DH is A list so I let him get on board and he saves me a middle seat. ) Most stewards don't blink an eye at this as people do it all the time.

As the other poster mentioned just get early bird check in for your flight home. I always do that when we are on vacation do it's one last thing to think about.

But unlike the other poster suggested, get it for everyone if you want to sit together. Don't save seats. It's just rude.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree with the last two posters - I only buy it one way to save a few bucks since we can check in on our own for our departing flights on the way to the cruise. Then they will automatically check you in for your return. Very convenient.

I'm not sure if this is proper here or on the Florida Departures board, but since it is RCI, I will start here.

When we cruise we totally unplug. So the question is if we use luggage Valet, does that only cover luggage to airport? Or does that include the online check in? Our last day is a sea day and we won't have the access to do the SouthWest check in. Or do you just buy an hour of time and use the ship computers.

Agree with others that said to book Early Bird boarding. Just be aware that almost every time we've used LV, they've delivered the wrong luggage tags to our cabin followed by the correct tags late afternoon or early evening on the last night.

the best way is do buy the early bird check in for the return. This would guarantee an early letter whether you use luggage valet or not.

If you do use luggage valet and only have 2 cases to check, only one of you would have to buy it as SW allows 2 per person. That would get you a boarding pass for 1 and the other can easily be printed at the airport

I've also read that you can use the RC computers/internet for airlines websites without an internet charge. Can anyone confirm this?

I can confirm that this will not work. You need an internet package to access the airline websites.

According to this link - http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service Luggage valet will check you in and give you your boarding passes. I would use the EB check in to be safe in case this has changed

They will check you in, but who knows when. Not at the time to get an early boarding number for sure

According to this link - http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service Luggage valet will check you in and give you your boarding passes. I would use the EB check in to be safe in case this has changed

The ship people will check you in when you have Luggage Valet. The problem with letting the ship people check you in is that you have no idea when they will do this. They are not sitting by the clock waiting until each guest's 24 hour limit expires. They check people in whenever. That's why it's best to use Early Bird, so there's no dependency on when the crewmember gets around to checking people in.

I don’t know if the OP has small children traveling with them, but if you do, you could use family boarding when you get to the gate...you would be in between the A and B groups. With DS3, we’ve been skipping buying EB and doing this instead. https://www.southwest.com/html/generated/help/faqs/boarding_the_plane_faq.html

Another option that we use: Have a trusted family member do the check in from home at the appointed time. We do this regularly for each other when on cruises.

Yep.

Buy early bird added to your tickets for $15. Or at least one of you. ...Most stewards don't blink an eye at this as people do it all the time.

Flight attendants don't care because SW had NO policy regarding saving seats. That means do it or don't do it, they have no policy to get involved.

However, they also have no policy if someone comes and sits down in the spot your husband has saved for you.

If you don't want to pay extra for early bird check-in, just have a trusted friend or family member check-in online for you. There's no need to print the boarding passes until you get to the airport. When you actually arrive for your flight, the boarding pass you receive at the counter or self check- in machine will have the same boarding position as when the landlubber checked in for you 24 hours in advance.

I had this same issue on our Harmony cruise in August. I did purchase internet access for a limited time for $8.95 (I had a $1 off coupon). I think it was for either an hour or 24 hours. I forget which. I went to the library and did online check in and printed our boarding passes with no issues. An elderly couple was trying to figure out how to get access to check in. I gave them the access code for the rest of the time. Nine bucks is better than $15 x 4 people for early bird check in.

We usually do early bird check in so that we don't worry about it. Yes it costs us $, but early bird does get us a better spot in line as the system checks you in at 36 hrs prior. If you do its your own, it is 24 hrs ahead. I recently started using the app on my iPhone after a friend showed me so I don't need to be by a computer. I do print out my boarding pass for backup because twice the scanner at security didn't work using my iPhone so I handed them the paper one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always buy earlybird check in now. Ever since the cruise that we were having so much fun on the last day, that we totally forgot to check in until 5 or so hours later. Received bad boarding pass numbers. With early bird, we can just print our boarding passes at the airport. And since most of our departure flights are very early in the morning, we just buy it for the outbound too. Nobody wants to get up that early amidst work preparations to check in for those flights either. It is that time versus convenience and cost factor. :D

We used luggage valet and let them check us in for Southwest. It must be computer generated from an early input because we ended up with a better number (very early B) than if we would have checked in ourselves at 24 hours. We were pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Luggage valet does include providing your boarding pass but the one time I used it, I was checked in. Not sure what happens if not checked in. Unfortunately, Royal does not sell computer time by the hour. Your best option would be to buy the early bird checkin for at least one of you.

On our cruise last week on Adventure they had 1 hour for $10 on last full day of cruise.

Bill

We always use EB also, no reason to stress on a cruise!!! That being said, this is our first cruise where the luggage valet is an option. We have a 1230 pm flight on our last day. Can we still valet with this flight time? Also is this luggage valet still a free perk with a Grand Suite?

Sent from my iPad using Forums