***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Lose Before You Cruise
A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:08 PM.
Illinois
2,612 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
The wedding is Nov 19th so its next month.

That will be nice that you can sit together and see the play.

I got some of the flowers cut down but still have some left to do tomorrow. I fooled around too long in the house today to get them done.

Had another birthday party tonight, so there were taco's and chips and brownies and pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting.

Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,716 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, it should be another very nice day today. So you should be able to get more done outside.

Yes, after I posted yesterday, I figured that you were going away next month. It should be a good visit for you then.

I have a lot to do in getting the house ready for bunco tomorrow night. This will be one time where Bill does not have to get a hotel room for the night. As the play will be starting tomorrow and Bill will be in charge of getting the opening night party set up for the cast and crew. Then I will be there on Saturday, or rather we willl go together and sit and watch the performance together.

Another birthday party with eating out once again and it sounds like they always put on something very good to eat.

It will only be about another week when things will really start to turn around and will be getting much cooler. So enjoy all of the flowers while you still can.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Adventure Of The Sea-1-28-2007-SJU-Caribbean 7 Days
Constellation-1-28-2008-FLL-Caribbean 11 Days
Journey-1/31-2009-MIA-Caribbean 12 Days
Solstice-4/20/2015-Hawaii-YVR 11 Days

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Illinois
2,612 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
I got the rest of the flowers cut down and finally got rid of the Lambs Ear, it had spread all over the place!

Didn't go to zumba today, got up with a sore muscle under my shoulder blade, so took the day off. It feels better now after moving around all day.

Other than work outside I really didn't do much else today but am tired.
Time to fix a bite to eat and then head for the shower, hopefully I have stayed the same of lost at WW tomorrow morning.
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,716 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, perhaps you over did it a bit working outside the past few days. A good hot shower and a glass of wine should perk you up a bit. Today it is supposed to get to close to 80 today around here. Get out and enjoy the day. Next week the bottom drops out. Sometimes it is good to take off and just rest. Rest can be the best medicine.

Good luck at WW this morning. Hopefully you lost or just maintained. Little by little gets you there.

So I was busy getting the house ready for bunco tonight. As soon as I get home today I will finish all that needs to be finished for tonight.

Bill will not be home when I get home as he will be headed to the theater to get things ready for the split the pot and then after the show he will head to the restaurant to make sure everything is ready for the cast and crew to celebrate their first performance. Tomorrow we will go together.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

Illinois
2,612 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
I was down .8 today zt weigh in, but I actually lost more than that. When i weighed at home this morning I was down almost 2 pounds so I wore my jeans instead of my zumba capris. Now just have to stay there.

I looked up that play, everyone was using puppets singing. Is that how this play is being done by your group?

Seems I wasted another nice day, didn't do anything productive.

Tomorrow night going with my pet sitter friends to the Moose for dinner and a Costume party.

Have fun at your party and tomorrow night.
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,716 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, it was just a regular bunco party that each of us takes turns hosting the party at our own house. Usually it takes a year to get around to me. Bill got home around 11 and everyone left around midnight.

So I haven't seen the play just yet. Tonight will be the first time. But yes, you are correct about it being about puppets. People have described it as being R rated Sesame Street. Bill said a lot of F bombs. So I do not know how well I will accept this play.

Congrats on loosing so much. The lady at the weigh-in place told me on how important it is to wear the proper clothing. So I know exactly what you mean by not wearing the proper clothing.

So we left early this morning to go to a memorial service for the president of the theater guild, his father had passed and the service was this morning. When we got home we laid down for a few hours. Now shortly we will be leaving for the show.

Have fun at the dinner tonight. This is the last day of warm temps. Tomorrow rain and then turning much cooler.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,612 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
That was nice you went to the memorial service, I just can't do any of that anymore, I have went to too many. I send my condolences but that's it, they just have to understand.

I will be interested in hearing what you thought of the play and how it goes over with the audience.

I wore my crayola costume, blue midi t-shirt, tights, blue stockings and crayola blue hat. Dinner was good, had shrimp, not a whole lot of people there, guess too much else going on elsewhere. My pet sitter was dressed as Top Gun and her hubby as Prince Valiant, they won 1st place for couples, but then again they were the only couple. Band played mix of country and rock, hard to determine which was which. We left about 9:30, they are early risers and I have to get up for church at 6am.

Not looking forward to a change in the weather,
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,716 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, still 70 here and rain coming in this afternoon, and then much cooler temps this week.

So the play was not as bad as I thought it would be with the language. Yes, they did have it, but not as bad as I thought it would be. So just like I had said, an R rated sesame street with all of the puppets. In the original version Avenue Q is set on the avenues in NYC. But they made this 1 as it is in Chicago and the avenues on the east side of Chicago. All in all the play was very good. It felt good to just sit in the theater and watch the entire play. We got home right around 11.

Well it sounds like you had a good dinner and dressing up in costumes. Funny they won first place, and even funnier that they were the only couple dressing up.

Enjoy it while it lasts today. We are not going to the theater today but rather an award thing for the running place that Bill works for during these races.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,612 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Good that you liked the play, even better that you could enjoy it together.

It has been raining most of the day here today, quite windy this morning and now quite cold! I liked the other weather better we had the last couple of weeks.

Didn't really see anything good at the show so stayed home all day. Got a nice phone call from Bill late today, he has just been texting so it was nice to hear his voice again.

I am probably one of the few people that look forward to Mondays, get back into the routine and see people. Weekends are lonely for me.

They are closing the highway tomorrow, should be interesting as its the main way to get out of and into town. Looks like the detour they have set up is going to be way out of the way and add many miles. If it keeps raining they might not start the project tomorrow either, they don't like to work in the rain.

Hope the awards thing is interesting is Bill in the running for an award?
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,716 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, Bill was not in the running for an award. They just recognize all participants that help out during the year. They gave him a blanket and some coupons. Yes, it was raining once we got our and it rained all night long and it is still raining now.

Temps around here only in the 50's and it looks like rain once again all night long and into tomorrow. Perhaps you will be right with them not starting the road construction with all of the rain.

So Bill went to the play on Friday and we both went on Saturday. We figured we both will go on Friday and Saturday and not go on Sunday just like we did not go yesterday either. It will be a real mess breaking down everything and we really are not required to be there.

Yes, you are right about for you on Mondays. I do not like coming back here on a Monday or any day. A few weeks ago I almost walked out of here with all of the crap the jerk was sending my way. Bill would like to get out of Cook County as the taxes are crazy. If we left we certainly would not go to Indiana, but Michigan is a possibility or way South up in Illinois.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy