On board Mix and Mingle

Nothing stopping you from setting up your own private get together. Common to meet pre sail away or pre muster

You could set up a separate roll call meet and greet, but for it to be “private”, you would have to arrange a venue with the ship’s group coordinator in advance...

Otherwise it would have to be in some “public” venue...

Unless... it was small enough to hold in some attendee’s suite...

You could set up a separate roll call meet and greet, but for it to be “private”, you would have to arrange a venue with the ship’s group coordinator in advance...

Otherwise it would have to be in some “public” venue...

Unless... it was small enough to hold in some attendee’s suite...

Private may have been a poor choice of words. Our roll call is just meeting in Schooner Bar pre muster

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I don't see what time or day the M&M on my cruise is scheduled for. If we register, are we obligated to go? I don't want to be locked in if there's a different event I'd rather be at scheduled for the same time. Likewise, I don't want to be excluded if the timing is right.

I don't see what time or day the M&M on my cruise is scheduled for. If we register, are we obligated to go? I don't want to be locked in if there's a different event I'd rather be at scheduled for the same time. Likewise, I don't want to be excluded if the timing is right.

No, there is no obligation to attend. When you register, you should get an invite in your cabin with date, time and location.

You are able to Register for the M&M 1 year from Date of your cruise. By joining your Roll Call, you will get to meet your fellow cruise mates and join in many of the activities that are planned during Sea Days or Private Tours. You can be as active as you wish. Not all Roll Calls are active, it will depend on the size.

No, there is no obligation to attend. When you register, you should get an invite in your cabin with date, time and location.

Thank you! :)

It's not that I want to ditch the party and only attend if there's something to gain. I just don't want to have to come back early from a shore excursion or something like that in order to make the party.

Thank you! :)

It's not that I want to ditch the party and only attend if there's something to gain. I just don't want to have to come back early from a shore excursion or something like that in order to make the party.

If the itinerary allows, Meet and Mingles are typically the first sea day, sometime around 10am. I have never had a meet and mingle scheduled for a port day, but we did have one scheduled for day 1 at 5pm, during sail away. First sea day on that sailing was day 6, but a day 1 meet and mingle didn't work.

i missed mine a few weeks ago due to it being at 930am on the very first morning of the cruise (which was 1st sea day).

930? on the first morning of the cruise after having the exciting first day\night\early hours of the morning of being on the ship with a deluxe drinks package???

couldnt it keep till lunch\mid afternoon??

Nothing stopping you from setting up your own private get together. Common to meet pre sail away or pre muster

Have done just that and you are right...Great way to meet. But I was referring to is most meet and mingles are a quick introduction of the crew staff...A little talk about the ship and then the raffle...Everyone leaves.

Just thought it might be nice if the host would go around the asking everybody who they are and where they are from

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

While there is no obligation to attend, it is a courtesy to do so, if you sign up...

It can be somewhat embarrassing if a couple of hundred sign up, and RCI sets up for it accordingly, and then only a few show up....

Not so much on RCI, since they conduct the event, but I have seen it on other lines, where the roll call leader does the arranging...

I enjoy the informal meet and mingles that the roll calls form where everyone meets at a bar either before or after muster. I don't see much meeting or mingling at the RCL organized ones anymore. They just have a staff member speak,do a couple of raffles and then everyone leaves.

I enjoy the informal meet and mingles that the roll calls form where everyone meets at a bar either before or after muster. I don't see much meeting or mingling at the RCL organized ones anymore. They just have a staff member speak,do a couple of raffles and then everyone leaves.

I agree, there's very little mingling at the RC organized events.

Meet & Mingles can very greatly from ship to ship, depending on the size of the Roll Call, how active they are. One of the organized activities that appear to be less popular, are the Cabin Crawls most likely because we have all seen the various cabins. I had some 32 signed up on our last cruise yet 6 arrived so not sure if the remaining people totally forgot or changed their minds. The 6 arrived at ours and we socialized for over 30 minutes . i almost should have had the party there.:)

Pretty good ones on some ships like RC logo Cups, pens, backpack, wine & champagne.

I certainly don’t go for the prizes but when my prize was one of the blinking rings they give out on 70’s night I didn’t know what to think! This was on Grandeur in August. The prizes on Anthem in September were much better.