How The Whiners Ruined Dynamic Dining

Merion_Mom

Did you ever think that maybe Dynamic Dining on RCCL just sucked?

I never tried DD but given the reviews I've read, it's obvious the majority did.

No such thing.

1. YOU never tried it, so as far as I am concerned, you have no legitimate input on the subject.

2. Not the majority. The LOUDEST complainers.

No such thing.

1. YOU never tried it, so as far as I am concerned, you have no legitimate input on the subject.

2. Not the majority. The LOUDEST complainers.

Whatever. People didn't pick that ship class so they could come back to complain about DD. They came back and complained because of legitimate reasons. The ratings and reviews speak for themselves. Most RCCL ships on this website get an above 75% positive rating, Anthem/Quantum class are in the 50's. Perhaps dumping DD will improve that percentage. You're delusional though if you think DD was working, it clearly was not, and apparently RCCL agrees that it was not.

I'm not delusional. There are SO many ways that they could have worked on it to improve it without dumping it entirely.

The ship was designed and built for DD. It is going to be a huge CF trying to shoehorn "regular" dining into the spaces.

Just be ready for all the complaints after the changeover!

From Jan to Dec will have 9 cruises, none of which are on ships with DD. I can think on nothing I would rather not do than worry about booking a dinning room ahead of time on a ship and keeping up with where I eat each night. It is so evident that it was a concept that someone came up with to be different without doing an extensive research as to whether people that cruise the brand would embrace it. They did not in greater numbers. The same happened when in 2009 that the Diamonds were kicked out of the lounges and given one event a cruise. Did not last!! By,by DD.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've spent over 70 nights on Quantum and Anthem. Loved DD, I made my reservations before I boarded, some were changed onboard, and I never had a problem with lines or the food. If I didn't like something I was always able to get something else. As you can see from my signature, I was looking forward to many more meals with DD. Sorry to see it end.

I've spent over 70 nights on Quantum and Anthem. Loved DD, I made my reservations before I boarded, some were changed onboard, and I never had a problem with lines or the food. If I didn't like something I was always able to get something else. As you can see from my signature, I was looking forward to many more meals with DD. Sorry to see it end.

I've noticed this a lot - people like yourself and MM who have actually got a lot of experience with DD love it. People who have never tried it feel the need to put in their 2c that it sucks... I for one am sad that I won't be able to try it

I think it's sad it's gone [emoji20]

When Anthem was out of the U.K. and we tried DD It wasn't without its issues but it was innovative and offered something different. We enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well let me be quite clear:

1. I DID NOT signup for Dynamic Dining, when I booked the maiden Voyage of the Quantum, over a-year-plus in-advance!

2. The service was horrible, worse than NCL.

3. The food quality was substandard, the Chinese as example, worse than at my local Publix supermarket.

4. Nobody ask us, if we wanted this crap; but felt the right/need to force it down our throats, without warning us!

5. If I wanted "freestyle NCL", I would book NCL!!!!!

6. We the loyal Royal cruisers are more important, than the "all inclusive land vacationers", which Royal won't get anyway!! (you know where "all-inclusive", is TRULY all-included!!).

Edited by gkbiiii

10. In addition to the dining enhancements, will guests notice any other changes while

sailing onboard Anthem of the Seas?

To enhance the overall guest experience, we are making adjustments to our daily entertainment schedule to

ensure a more convenient line-up of show times that complement the evening dining options. In addition, to give

more guests the opportunity to experience the revolutionary Ripcord by iFly and North Star attractions, we will be

adding support staff onboard to accommodate expanded hours of operation.

Edited by gkbiiii

This is really sad news. Luckily, I am one of the last voyages to have it before it changes over. One of the things I loved on the Breakaway, was having 5 different dining venues to choose from each night and we loved it. Different atmosphere and ambience each evening.

I think people just do not normally like change and found this whole process difficult. No one was too keen on making reservations 3 months in advance, which as many people have stated, is very easy to change once on board the ship. Oh well, RCCL tried and barely had a chance to make it work:(

I don't understand the complaints and the need to change.

I didn't like the original DD concept on Quantum at all.

But, once Anthem went to the Classic versus Choice format, it was very similar to traditional versus MTD. We did DD Classic, and it worked fine, just like traditional, with the advantage of having menus that were unique and different from the rest of the fleet. While we didn't love everything on the menus, there was no problem finding 1-2 dishes on each that we thoroughly enjoyed (which is our same reaction to the fleetwide menu too). When we did DD Choice, we just made reservations for the same time every night in each of the complementary restaurants - no big deal, no lines, no issues.

The only thing I didn't like about DD is that there was no shipwide formal night, and it was kind of awkward to be among a handful of people dining in Grande on any given night dressed up while the rest of the people were casually dressed. So, we gave up formal night altogether on this ship.

Edited by DonnaK

This is really sad news. Luckily, I am one of the last voyages to have it before it changes over.

I think people just do not normally like change and found this whole process difficult. No one was too keen on making reservations 3 months in advance, which as many people have stated, is very easy to change once on board the ship. Oh well, RCCL tried and barely had a chance to make it work:(

We were on one of he first sailings of the Ovation this year and enjoyed the DD. It had some issues, but was generally fine.

We are also on the Anthem in October and it's a little disappointing that it will be one of the last voyages with this style of dining.

I'm disappointed.... I didn't see anything wrong with setting up the DD for a party of 8. I was unable to get Classic so I picked an order and repeated it for the 2nd half of the cruise.

I was disappointed when DD was canceled on Harmony, but it is what it is.

I welcome change, others are too stuck in their ways to enjoy something new.

We LOVED DD...going back to "normal boring dining" is disappointing. "Upgraded" menus?? Not so sure. Why be stuck with ONE choice (dining experience) for the entire cruise?

Instead we were stuck with ONE choice (menu) at each restaurant the entire cruise - and a limited one at that, compared to a regular land restaurant.

That was imo one of the biggest weaknesses of DD; the limited choices. While I certainly agree it could have been improved rather than turfed entirely, whether for economics or other reasons RCL chose the way they did.

We enjoyed dynamic dining on Quantum, and are looking forward to another great experience on Anthem next month.

Hate to go back to the same old boring thing....change is good!!

Cathy

I know....change IS good!!! If you were home and able to go out for dinner every night, would you go to the same restaurant over and over again. I don't think ANYONE would say yes. :eek:

I've never been on a ship that has DD. However, to me, it seemed like a slightly more confusing NCL setup.

However it does seem that some people like it, and Anthem was built for it. A good thing though is that this (probably) eliminates the possibility of DD expanding to other ships.

I used my phone to type this, excuse any typos please!