Royal Carribbean In-Room babysitting Advice?

cyclone1414

Hi,

Sailing on Indy Dec 21-30, first cruise with our babies 12 months and 3 years...we are DESPERATE to utilize RC's in-room babysitting services so that my wife and I aren't stuck in the room as of 7pm every night...just wondering if anyone has any tips regarding this or how to book it? I know it needs to be done on board, but is it something I need to run and do as soon as I get on the ship? Has anyone ever had a problem getting babysitters? First post here- thanks in advance for the suggestions!!

I provided a response on your other thread, but you have provided more details in this one so I will add more comments...

On a ship the size of Indy, you should not have a problem getting volunteers for babysitting - however, you are traveling over Christmas so the ship will be packed with families and kids. This may mean lots of people requesting baby sitting. So, CB recommends - go the Guest Services early and request baby sitting for as many nights as you think you need. I would pick a few nights. Guest services will let you know the day of if they have baby sitters to come that night. It is kind of last minute, which is why I would book a few nights as soon as possible, just in case they cannot make the first night, maybe you can get someone the second night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the thoughts. We will head there on Day 1. No suite- but if there are any other ways of booking in advance I’d love to hear!

It is hard to book ahead as the in-room baby sitting is done on volunteer basis, and some people do not volunteer until they day of. I thought there were open house hours both in the afternoon and evening on Freedom for both kids club and nursery when we boarded, so check when you sign in.

Good luck - we are sailing on Navigator over Christmas this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums