Aft Balcony - Eurodam (VC or VB)

carlp

Looking to book a aft cabin back of ship, (Eurodam) several are available on both decks 7 & 8. Anyone stay in any below

VB7138, VB7139, VB7134, VB7136

VC8168, VC8177, VC8179

Wife loves to watch the ships wake

Will she be able to, also how are the balconies - location?, noisy?, convenient

I had VC8179 for a Caribbean cruise. I generally heard nothing but the sound of the wake. I was not bothered by sounds from the pool deck above, although it was lively during Sail Aways! The balcony seemed to get less breeze than cabins on the side. Great in Alaska, less so in the tropics.

Edited by SeeSun&Sea
Autocorrect

We just booked VC8166 for this fall. I didn't want one on either end next to the "party rooms". Looked like more toward the middle might be bigger but not available. I agree about pool noise but that close to the edge shouldn't be too bad.

• 1 year later...
We have been in VB7138 and loved it. Great size cabin and balcony.

We have booked the VB7138 for our San Diego to Hawaii RT cruise in February 2019. Glad to hear that you liked the cabin. We were a bit concerned about vibration from the engine room, etc. We chose the deck 7 to get away from the pool deck noise concerns. We just returned from an aft cabin on deck 11 of the Celebrity Millennium and did get a little noise from the open deck above us.

Any other thoughts....or a photo of the cabin? Thanks for any insight.

Hi Bill. We had no problems with this cabin (or the one next door). If you google a site that is Hal facts dot com you will see pictures of the cabin and deck.

Hi Bill. We had no problems with this cabin (or the one next door). If you google a site that is Hal facts dot com you will see pictures of the cabin and deck.

Thanks.... I did go to the Hal facts but the cabin was for the Amsterdam that was listed.... I assume that both are nearly identical. I also found photos for the cabin 7141 (2 doors down) that looked the same.

It is good to know that you had no issues. I read elsewhere that someone had soot on the verandah from the smoke stacks on the ship on deck 8..... but the one almost constant from all my checking was that nearly everyone loved the Eurodam. We are looking forward to this ship and cruise.

Thanks again for the response.

• 2 months later...

Hi Colbe,

Have you by chance been on the Eurodam st sea for more than a day or so? Just curious in that we are doing the Hawaii cruise (5 days over there - and 5 back).

I’m trying to see if anyone has/had any experience with the internet while at sea - and also if phone messaging is available while at sea. I have always had my phone set up for messaging while on all of our previous cruises, but never at sea this many days.

Thanks,