Sensation water park question

LMaxwell

I know not all water parks are created equal but is the water park on the Sensation suitable for a 3.5 year old, approx 40 inches. I know def not the BIG slides, but are there medium ones or features for say kids under 5, but not baby or toddler? Anything good or bad to say about sensation otherwise? Always said I was done w fantasy class but it’s local and priced right for family quick getaway. 4 night cruise only needs 2 days off work hmmmm

I know not all water parks are created equal but is the water park on the Sensation suitable for a 3.5 year old, approx 40 inches. I know def not the BIG slides, but are there medium ones or features for say kids under 5, but not baby or toddler? Anything good or bad to say about sensation otherwise? Always said I was done w fantasy class but it’s local and priced right for family quick getaway. 4 night cruise only needs 2 days off work hmmmm

There is a splash pad area. Min height for twister slide and I think the racer is 42 inches. No mini slide. It's hard to beat sensation for price and convenience. It doesn't attract a snooty high end clientele but rather your fellow dollar store patrons - in other words all us regular folks. Most of the adult type celebrating happens at night in the clubs and bars and is not, in my experience, visible all the time as some others have claimed.

It's a great cruise for little ones. The kids clubs are fun. Hasbro the game show is a good evening show for them and the Seuss parade and story time event are not to be missed! Dr Seuss is on the Loose!! Towel animal class is great. Don't forget the character breakfast for a small up charge. Free 24 hour soft serve and pizza. Mini golf any time you want it. My 12 year old learned her way around the ship and enjoyed ordering a tuna sandwich for herself from the deli whenever she liked. Wifi for one device is reasonable and we each get time to keep up with our games and social media by sharing it.

Punchliner club is pretty fun-I've only seen PG shows. Piano bars are nice for an hour or so at night while small folks are whooping it up in their club.

Lastly the exact thing that has turned some people off from Fantasy class, the wild decor, is really perfect for kiddos as well.

I'm not a picky traveler and if DD and DH are happy, so am I, and they were. We went on Oasis of the seas less than 90 days after sensation and really enjoyed them both very much, though they are such different ships. They both had friendly crew constantly cleaning the place, far more good food than we could eat, comfortable places to park ourselves indoors and out, rooms we could sleep well in, a daily schedule with more activities than we could get to.

Consider atrium noise if your cabin is within about 10 doors in any direction on any deck. There are live music events there some nights.

For me at 51 I really experience life now through my family's eyes and I haven't found a rusty enough old barge yet to turn them off their love of cruising so we'll gladly go on the cheapest cruise we can find that fits into our tight schedule.

Thank you. I found your words to be reassuring. I was starting to get a little nervous when I didn’t see much posted about the sensation and very few posts lately.

I booked a vacation with my parents yesterday. And we chose a 5 day on the sensation. They’ve never cruised, and I’ve been on Destiny before she was Sunshine, Victory twice and Triumph *my least favorite by far.* I was beginning to wonder if I had made a mistake by choosing this one. 😊

Thank you. I found your words to be reassuring. I was starting to get a little nervous when I didn’t see much posted about the sensation and very few posts lately.

I booked a vacation with my parents yesterday. And we chose a 5 day on the sensation. They’ve never cruised, and I’ve been on Destiny before she was Sunshine, Victory twice and Triumph *my least favorite by far.* I was beginning to wonder if I had made a mistake by choosing this one. [emoji4]

My 75 year old Dad was on the Sensation with us, his first cruise,and he loved it. Full disclosure we were on Triumph last year and loved it too. Why didn’t you like her? She would have been similar to Destiny. Also what kind of travelers are your parents?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In my experience it was just dirty. I never met my room steward, not once. Now to be fair I spent a lot of time with friends and spent time in their cabin. My roommates probably may have met my steward. However, I never met theirs either. Clearly both cabins were taken care of. But on my other cruises the stewards made a point to speak to you. I know she’s old but there was random sewer smells all over the place. We were on deck 2 but also found this on other decks as well. I know this can happen but it was more often than past cruises.

Also shortly after we boarded and getting settled in our room I walked down the hall and there was a stench smell of feet. 🤢 And it wasn’t coming from the people in that room.

I’m a very picky eater. We might go to the DR one night if we’re eating with other friends, otherwise we hit the buffet. I just didn’t find the food to be great either except for the crab ravioli.

The Victory which is the sister ship I love. ❤️ It made it super easy to navigate around the Triumph after being on her twice. I wouldn’t even have to think twice about booking another cruise on her. And it wasn’t an option when we booked this one but it was only 3 days and overnight in Nassau.

With my dad’s job they don’t get to travel much. We’re lucky to get a vacation once a year or so lol. My mom has never been to a beach in her life.

In my experience it was just dirty. I never met my room steward, not once. Now to be fair I spent a lot of time with friends and spent time in their cabin. My roommates probably may have met my steward. However, I never met theirs either. Clearly both cabins were taken care of. But on my other cruises the stewards made a point to speak to you. I know she’s old but there was random sewer smells all over the place. We were on deck 2 but also found this on other decks as well. I know this can happen but it was more often than past cruises.

Also shortly after we boarded and getting settled in our room I walked down the hall and there was a stench smell of feet. 🤢 And it wasn’t coming from the people in that room.

I’m a very picky eater. We might go to the DR one night if we’re eating with other friends, otherwise we hit the buffet. I just didn’t find the food to be great either except for the crab ravioli.

The Victory which is the sister ship I love. ❤️ It made it super easy to navigate around the Triumph after being on her twice. I wouldn’t even have to think twice about booking another cruise on her. And it wasn’t an option when we booked this one but it was only 3 days and overnight in Nassau.

With my dad’s job they don’t get to travel much. We’re lucky to get a vacation once a year or so lol. My mom has never been to a beach in her life.

Well at least they don’t have any clear explanations then and will probably love it. My stewards have always been fine and my dad liked his on Sensation. Not a picky eater but I always like cruise food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums