Fast Track LHR question?

klfrodo

will be coming from the States with final destination of AMS.

Flying BA FC into terminal 3 from LAS

Transferring to terminal 5 with a BA departure in BC to AMS.

During the transfer, what can I expect? Fast Track line thru security at T5

Follow the purple signs for Flight Connections. Have your inbound F boarding pass handy as there is a Fast Track security line.

Show your inbound F boarding pass for access to the Concorde Room in Terminal 5.

Follow the purple signs for Flight Connections. Have your inbound F boarding pass handy as there is a Fast Track security line.

Show your inbound F boarding pass for access to the Concorde Room in Terminal 5.

I can use the “Inbound F” boarding pass for the Concorde Room?

That would be great but I always thought you had to show departing boarding pass.

I can use the “Inbound F” boarding pass for the Concorde Room?

That would be great but I always thought you had to show departing boarding pass.

I think you may well need to show both, but it's the boarding pass for the inbound flight from LAS to LHR in BA First that will entitle you to use the Concorde Room.

When you exit from security, turn right and walk at that level to the end of the terminal. There's a door there (mostly-unmarked, IIRC) which leads directly into the Concorde Room, and this will be your fastest way in from transfer security. This door was closed for a period, but it was reopened and I think it is still in use.

• 1 month later...

Follow up

Made the connections thru LHR yesterday.

Used Fast Track with little issue. Took the advice and made a right turn after security at T5 and entered the door to the Concorde Room.

What a treat. They were very nice, looked at our inbound ticket and welcomed us.

Follow up

Made the connections thru LHR yesterday.

Used Fast Track with little issue. Took the advice and made a right turn after security at T5 and entered the door to the Concorde Room.

What a treat. They were very nice, looked at our inbound ticket and welcomed us.

We were there for the first time in March, and really love it.

Although not everyone agrees, we liked the less-trendy easy chairs with ottomans, and sofas, etc., rather than some other F lounges that seem to have ultra modern and less comfortable seating areas (chairs with simple wooden armrests, etc.

We are looking forward to another stay there in the spring. Nice!

RM

• 1 month later...

I'm interested to hear how the fast track worked as we had an unhappy experience just this week transferring from terminal 3 to 5 flying from Miami onto Amsterdam.

We had requested mobility assistance and experienced several delays, not least waiting 10 minutes for a bus, so despite the valiant attempts of one particular member of staff arrived 20 minutes before take off at the gate (unfortunately the very furthest away) to be told that our luggage had been taken off and we had to go back to connections, Grr.

We flew 4 hours later. We were taken to the South lounge which we were told was one of the nicest business lounges. It was indeed bigger and more luxurious than the business lounge in Miami but I cannot compare at Heathrow .

Moral of the story, allow at least 2 hours to transfer terminals, even if flying business class.