Hairdryers?

Cruising on Discovery from Newcastle on August 18th. Do the cabins have hair dryers or should I take my own. Also when being seated in the dining room can you join a larger table than that for 2. We are sociable and would like to meet people over a meal.

Hairdryers are in the cabins, also at the desk at the entrance to the mdr tell them you don't mind sharing

Cruising on Discovery from Newcastle on August 18th. Do the cabins have hair dryers or should I take my own. Also when being seated in the dining room can you join a larger table than that for 2. We are sociable and would like to meet people over a meal.

I can’t give an answer to your hairdryer question as I haven’t been on the Discovery yet. ( it’s the last thing I would look for anyway as I am as bald as a coot) here’s a photo..:)

As to sharing a table in my experience it is more difficult to get a table for two, we have had some great meals with fellow guests. On our last trip on the dream one meal lasted three and a half hours with seven other diners.

Great times. Enjoy your cruise.

We found the hairdryer ok but my hair is short and fine and dries enough to then use a hair styler but I would imagine that some people would prefer a better one.

We really enjoyed meeting people on Discovery and as already said, you can specify at the desk to the main dining room 47 and also Gallery 47, the Italian restaurant, whether you would like to share.

We ate breakfast there in mdr too.

Have a lovely time. We did.:)