Just back! The great, the good and of course the Mojitos!!

travelin'teach

Hi All,

Just back from the Escape/Bermuda on Sunday. I was a first time cruiser and it was great!! The staff on the ship were accommodating and friendly.

Two disappointments: 1. The ship didn't leave NYC until 8 pm on 8/12. Rumor had it there was a fuel issue.

2. The NCL iConcierage app. It only worked about 50% of the time. Messages would be received 8 hrs after they were sent. This made it a bit difficult to keep track of where everyone was. I don't think that was $40 well spent. When I cruise again, I am going back to the old fashioned.."Meet me at the pool at..."

The greats:

1. My kids loved it!! I didn't see them much but knew I could find my teen at H2O at night dancing up a storm and I only had to look up to find my tween on the ropes course.

2. Food was good, especially in the MDR's. The Manhattan room was my favorite because of the live dinner music

3. We saw Choir of Man. DO NOT MISS IT!! Well worth paying for.

4. We sang our voices hoarse at Howl at the Moon. So much fun!

5. Curly the bartender at the District Brewhouse was by far our favorite. So entertaining! We visited him nightly.

6. MOJITOS!! I didn't think I liked Mojitos...well the Raspberry/Guava mojito made my week!! Loved sitting at the mojito bar and watching everything going on around me!

7. I couldn't believe how smooth disembarkation was! So fast and easy.

A great week!!

Hi All' date='

Just back from the Escape/Bermuda on Sunday. I was a first time cruiser and it was great!! The staff on the ship were accommodating and friendly.

Two disappointments: 1. The ship didn't leave NYC until 8 pm on 8/12. Rumor had it there was a fuel issue.

2. The NCL iConcierage app. It only worked about 50% of the time. Messages would be received 8 hrs after they were sent. This made it a bit difficult to keep track of where everyone was. I don't think that was $40 well spent. When I cruise again, I am going back to the old fashioned.."Meet me at the pool at..."

The greats:

1. My kids loved it!! I didn't see them much but knew I could find my teen at H2O at night dancing up a storm and I only had to look up to find my tween on the ropes course.

2. Food was good, especially in the MDR's. The Manhattan room was my favorite because of the live dinner music

3. We saw Choir of Man. DO NOT MISS IT!! Well worth paying for.

4. We sang our voices hoarse at Howl at the Moon. So much fun!

5. Curly the bartender at the District Brewhouse was by far our favorite. So entertaining! We visited him nightly.

6. MOJITOS!! I didn't think I liked Mojitos...well the Raspberry/Guava mojito made my week!! Loved sitting at the mojito bar and watching everything going on around me!

7. I couldn't believe how smooth disembarkation was! So fast and easy.

A great week!![/quote']

Thanks for the write-up. Mojitos,,, yum!