Do I have options?

smurf1635

We won't have an internet package on our upcoming cruise, but would like to be able to check in for my Southwest flight at the 24 hours before mark. Do I have any options? Would taking my phone out of airplane mode for a few minutes be that bad?

TIA,

Robin

You can go to the internet cafe and pay by the minute. It's a $3.95 activation fee plus $0.99 per minute. Figure it will take you at least 5-10 minutes to do your transaction (satellite internet is very slow during peak periods).

You can go to the internet cafe and pay by the minute. It's a $3.95 activation fee plus $0.99 per minute. Figure it will take you at least 5-10 minutes to do your transaction (satellite internet is very slow during peak periods).
The problem with this is if you have any problems, e.g. get disconnected, need to reconnect, etc, you might very quickly eat up that $30 early bird fee mentioned earlier. Not to mention the stress while trying to make it all work. Unless you are on a really tight budget, I'd not try to save the money and just pay the early bird fee and not worry about it.

I just read that Southwest is changing the early bird check-in. It will now be either $15, $20, or $25, depending on the length of the flight and how popular it is on that flight. Still might be the way to go, if it is still going to be an A boarding group.

I just read that Southwest is changing the early bird check-in. It will now be either $15, $20, or $25, depending on the length of the flight and how popular it is on that flight. Still might be the way to go, if it is still going to be an A boarding group.

Great, now even more people will ask for pre-boarding...

I’ve never flown southwest (im in nyc so I just haven’t had an opportunity) so could someone explain if there are rules for saving seats? I know it’s first come, first serve but will the flight attendants allow you to save any extra seats?

I have flown SWA many times and have seen many an argument because of saving seats. I really don’t mind if its for 1 other person but for a group I think it should not be allowed. Sure it would be a great saving for only 1 to pay and save 5 seats for friends etc. but its just not right.

I’ve never flown southwest (im in nyc so I just haven’t had an opportunity) so could someone explain if there are rules for saving seats? I know it’s first come, first serve but will the flight attendants allow you to save any extra seats?

I don't think there are any formal rules about it. It's quite common to see people saving a seat for one other person traveling with them, and that's generally accepted, as long as the seats are side by side.

Someone trying to save a whole row or more would likely get an argument about it. It's rather rude in that it's an attempt to overrule the Southwest boarding system.