Ollie's Trolley Time Question

gearyhome

My sister and I will be on the Regal and in Bar Harbor on Sept 25th. Interested in the Ollie's Trolley 4 hours Tour which according to the website leaves at 9:30. Ship supposed to dock at 7am. A bit concerned on the time since it is a tender port. Anyone done this recently and have a problem with the time allowed. It's been a number of years since I have been on a cruise so not sure how the tender tickets work. Cost for the 4 hrs tour is more than half less than the same princess tour.

Pat

My sister and I will be on the Regal and in Bar Harbor on Sept 25th. Interested in the Ollie's Trolley 4 hours Tour which according to the website leaves at 9:30. Ship supposed to dock at 7am. A bit concerned on the time since it is a tender port. Anyone done this recently and have a problem with the time allowed. It's been a number of years since I have been on a cruise so not sure how the tender tickets work. Cost for the 4 hrs tour is more than half less than the same princess tour.

Pat

Bar Harbor is a quick and easy tender port.....Many will choose to rush off...not necessary for you...You can easily tender over about 8:45am or so.

The first question to ask, is your stop in Bar Harbor before or after going to Canada? If after, you will need to clear immigration before tendering. And if people ignore the call to immigration.....

I believe their in Boston before and St John NB afterward.

Will the OP be on the Regal Princess? If so I don't have experience with how Princess handles their tender process, but we have tendered into Bar Harbor four times in the last 12 months.

There are two different tender docks. Twice the ship was anchored rather close to shore, and twice we were anchored quite a distance which made for a much longer tender trip into Bar Harbor.

I believe their in Boston before and St John NB afterward.

Yes, we are Northbound so Bar Harbor before Canada and I guess we won't know which dock until that day. Best to rise early, quick breakfast and then head down to get in line for the tender.

Pat

The first question to ask, is your stop in Bar Harbor before or after going to Canada? If after, you will need to clear immigration before tendering. And if people ignore the call to immigration.....

So glad you mentioned this...I had forgotten all about the immigration part after Canada...I may have to rethink my excursion timimg !!! Does anyone recall how much extra time this takes after docking? I don't recall from last time:o

Yes, we are Northbound so Bar Harbor before Canada and I guess we won't know which dock until that day. Best to rise early, quick breakfast and then head down to get in line for the tender.

Pat

No harm in doing that...but don't expect much to be open at that early hour...but nice to enjoy the area. Have a wonderful time...Bar Harbor is a favorite but won't be back again until our Snowbird 2019 cruise.

Pat

I just checked and you are the only ship in port, so it is doubtful that you will be tendering from the far anchorage. I would plan on an early tender though, since we have had fog delay tendering in Bar Harbor before. At least if you go get an early tender ticket and tendering is delayed, you will be able to get off quickly once it begins.

The walk to the trolley pick up is very short, but if you have to pick up your tickets, there can be a line. We also found that people lined up for the trolley pretty early to get the best pick of seats. There are a couple of seats that don't have the best views because of the structure of the trolley, this is about mid trolley, so stay forward of that or go back a few seats after it.