how much is a taxi from Logan Airport in Boston to the Flynn cruise terminal?

ontheweb

I saw directions by public transit (bus), but my TA said not to do that as it does not take you right to the cruise terminal, and it is a place you cannot really walk with your luggage as there is heavy traffic including trucks. He also recommends not using the cruise line transfer as you can wait a long time to fill the bus and then for them to take out the suitcases.

So my question is how much is the taxi fare to the cruise terminal?

I saw directions by public transit (bus), but my TA said not to do that as it does not take you right to the cruise terminal, and it is a place you cannot really walk with your luggage as there is heavy traffic including trucks. He also recommends not using the cruise line transfer as you can wait a long time to fill the bus and then for them to take out the suitcases.

So my question is how much is the taxi fare to the cruise terminal?

Taxi should be $25-30.

Your TA is wrong about the public transit bus. The Silver Line SL 1 bus stops on the arrivals level of each Logan Terminal and is free from the airport. There is one step up onto the bus and there are luggage racks. Get on the rearmost door and go to the World Trade INDOOR stop and transfer over the tracks via escalator and/or elevator to take the SL2 bus in the opposite direction. Tell the bus driver you want to get off at Black Falcon Terminal. The bus lets you out across the street from the terminal. The SL 2 should be very empty if you get on at World Trade.

The road in front of the terminal is one way and is very busy when a ship is disembarking/embarking, but what ship terminal area isn't like that!

Taxi should be $25-30.

Your TA is wrong about the public transit bus. The Silver Line SL 1 bus stops on the arrivals level of each Logan Terminal and is free from the airport. There is one step up onto the bus and there are luggage racks. Get on the rearmost door and go to the World Trade INDOOR stop and transfer over the tracks via escalator and/or elevator to take the SL2 bus in the opposite direction. Tell the bus driver you want to get off at Black Falcon Terminal. The bus lets you out across the street from the terminal. The SL 2 should be very empty if you get on at World Trade.

The road in front of the terminal is one way and is very busy when a ship is disembarking/embarking, but what ship terminal area isn't like that!

Thank you.

How much is the SL 2 bus? Is it easy to cross the street, a traffic light perhaps?

My TA also thought you could not just walk into a cruise terminal just like you cannot just walk into an airport (his words). Though come to think of it we have in the past walked into the cruise terminal in Manhattan walking from the Port Authority.

Silver Line and transfers from it from Logan are free. $2.75 if you get on the Silver or any of the other subway lines/person.

Is it like the NYC subway system where there are machines to buy the fare?

And again is it easy to cross the street, say with a traffic light?

Is it like the NYC subway system where there are machines to buy the fare?

And again is it easy to cross the street, say with a traffic light?

The real Boston subway stations have machines to buy fares. I'm not sure if there is a machine in Black Falcon Terminal. Just have some one dollar bills and the bus driver will take them.

There is no traffic light on Black Falcon Ave. The street is essentially a "dead end" one way loop. The only traffic will be cruise traffic (no real through traffic not related to the ship). You will be able to get across the street.

I'm actually sailing from Black Falcon for the first time in Sep. I've arrived there and done a Boston port day, but I've never embarked. I plan to arrive on the SL2 bus with my luggage and will probably post about my experience in early Oct.

I do Logan Airport via subway and bus several times a year with luggage. What airline are you flying? The Silver Line stops on the arrivals level of each terminal. You just walk out and get on the next bus. The trick is to always get on at the rear door because the luggage racks are right there and there is more space if the bus is busy.

Coming out of the airport the bus first stops at the street stop for World Trade Center. Don't get off. Stay on the bus until it circles around to the indoor World Trade Center station stop. You take the elevator or escalator up to the mezzanine level to cross over to the other direction. Wait for the SL2 bus marked Dry Dock Avenue. You can ask the driver to let you know when to get off.

The taxi fare from the airport is About $21.00 dollars, from the airport through the Ted Williams Tunnel to South Boston and then a few hundred meters to the terminal. Travel time is 10 minutes without traffic. You can also take the MBTA Silver Line bus, but you need to leave the terminal get on a Airport Bus to the MBTA Station and then get on the Silver Line Bus. The last time I was in Boston the Silver Line did not go to the terminals. The fastest way with luggage is a taxi.

The real Boston subway stations have machines to buy fares. I'm not sure if there is a machine in Black Falcon Terminal. Just have some one dollar bills and the bus driver will take them.

There is no traffic light on Black Falcon Ave. The street is essentially a "dead end" one way loop. The only traffic will be cruise traffic (no real through traffic not related to the ship). You will be able to get across the street.

I'm actually sailing from Black Falcon for the first time in Sep. I've arrived there and done a Boston port day, but I've never embarked. I plan to arrive on the SL2 bus with my luggage and will probably post about my experience in early Oct.

I do Logan Airport via subway and bus several times a year with luggage. What airline are you flying? The Silver Line stops on the arrivals level of each terminal. You just walk out and get on the next bus. The trick is to always get on at the rear door because the luggage racks are right there and there is more space if the bus is busy.

Coming out of the airport the bus first stops at the street stop for World Trade Center. Don't get off. Stay on the bus until it circles around to the indoor World Trade Center station stop. You take the elevator or escalator up to the mezzanine level to cross over to the other direction. Wait for the SL2 bus marked Dry Dock Avenue. You can ask the driver to let you know when to get off.

You asked what airline we will be flying on----Jet Blue from Newark.

• 2 weeks later...
Silver Line and transfers from it from Logan are free. $2.75 if you get on the Silver or any of the other subway lines/person.

First, I would like to thank everyone who replied. We did use the Silver Line, and there was no hassle getting across the street to the terminal.

And it seems the whole thing was free. When I asked about the fee on the second part, I was told no fee as we were already on the Silver Line.

First, I would like to thank everyone who replied. We did use the Silver Line, and there was no hassle getting across the street to the terminal.

And it seems the whole thing was free. When I asked about the fee on the second part, I was told no fee as we were already on the Silver Line.

Glad it worked out for you! Free is free! But I think you must transfer through the indoor Trade Center Station.

Glad it worked out for you! Free is free! But I think you must transfer through the indoor Trade Center Station.

We actually missed the stop for the indoor World Trade center. I thought we might have to double back, but at the last stop (I do not recall its name), we were able to get off and go across to the Silver Line 2. Could this be why it was free.

We actually missed the stop for the indoor World Trade center. I thought we might have to double back, but at the last stop (I do not recall its name), we were able to get off and go across to the Silver Line 2. Could this be why it was free.

Hm-m-m. Coming from the airport I'm having trouble imagining what happened to you. Sometimes they vary the route a bit, but coming on a SL1 bus from the airport to South Station (this is the "last" Stop), the stops are usually World Trade Street Stop, Silver Line Way (street stop where bus turns off to change energy source), and then World Trade Indoor Station Stop where you can transfer over the tracks. Oh well - it all worked out for you. However I've heard stories about not being able to transfer for free at Silver Line Way, but I don't know how current those stories are.

Hm-m-m. Coming from the airport I'm having trouble imagining what happened to you. Sometimes they vary the route a bit, but coming on a SL1 bus from the airport to South Station (this is the "last" Stop), the stops are usually World Trade Street Stop, Silver Line Way (street stop where bus turns off to change energy source), and then World Trade Indoor Station Stop where you can transfer over the tracks. Oh well - it all worked out for you. However I've heard stories about not being able to transfer for free at Silver Line Way, but I don't know how current those stories are.

Yes, State street sounds right.

I did not realize that it was the World Trade Center Indoor Stop because all I read was World Trade Center. I should have realized it was indoors, but as you said, it all worked out well.

I e-mailed my TA to let him know that using the SL1 and SL2 worked, and one did not need a taxi. I explained that unlike his explanation, it was not difficult to cross the street. I further went on to say that getting there earlier might be beneficial sometimes, but we just would have had to wait longer after getting our cruise cards to board.

He e-mailed back to me thanking me for the information. Maybe this will help a future customer of his who sails from Boston.