Princess Cays Excursion: Beach Party Pack for 2 People

bakersdozen12

Has anyone here booked this excursion, preferably for a Carnival Cruise? I would like to know where the meeting place is for the excursion. Do you meet someplace on the ship and then get led onto a tender together? Or do you meet someplace on the island after tendering? I ask because we don’t have priority tendering for our cruise, and if it’s going to take forever to get to the island, I’m thinking it might not be worth it. If you get to be on one of the first tenders with the other Carnival excursions, it might not be as bad.

Link to excursion:

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/princess-cays/beach-party-pack-for-2-people-439020

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

The ones on Princess cruises have you pick up snorkel gear from the stands onshore. There really isn't a meeting place as such. The paddle boats are rented by the hour, so your reservation time is based on the time for those. You can pick up the snorkel gear any time (mask, fins, snorkel, vest) before or after the paddle boat. "Excursion" also includes a locker, although very few people bother with them.

Last time we were there had a strong offshore breeze and while tendering we were entertained by the staff on jetskis rescuing paddle boats being blown out to sea.

Few people are in a hurry to get off at Princess Cay, although we like to get there early because you get your choice of lounger area and we tend to only stay until lunchtime. I don't think the ship would have a problem with 16 year olds getting off by themselves if they wanted to. Nobody on shore except a few staff members/locals and quite a few crew working the facilities. In regular ports Princess doesn't allow minors off by themselves.

Edited by LeeW
more

You meet up in the theater and you get priority tendering. Once on the island, you do not have to stand in the initial long line for excursions. You keep walking past the lunch venue, that where they will give you the snorkeling gear and a "paper" ticket for the rental of the paddle boat. Plus the locker rental.

You meet up in the theater and you get priority tendering. Once on the island, you do not have to stand in the initial long line for excursions. You keep walking past the lunch venue, that where they will give you the snorkeling gear and a "paper" ticket for the rental of the paddle boat. Plus the locker rental.

Hi Melissa. Was this on Carnival?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums