Credit Card Coverage for Two Cruises, One Trip

lhsail

I know I need to call my credit card company, but I like to go in with knowledge. We have some cancellation/interruption coverage with our credit card and have usually been willing to self-insure any difference (medical handled separately). The end of August we are doing a transit on the QM2, spending a few days in London and Copenhagen, then coming back on the Regal Princess for 14-days. My intention is to use the same credit card to pay for both cruises due to the perks on that card. If, God forbid, something comes up and we have to cancel both cruises, would the credit card company consider these two separate transactions and therefore provide their full coverage for each trip, or would they consider it one trip, in which case I'd have considerably less coverage than needed? Any ideas appreciated.

I know I need to call my credit card company, but I like to go in with knowledge. We have some cancellation/interruption coverage with our credit card and have usually been willing to self-insure any difference (medical handled separately). The end of August we are doing a transit on the QM2, spending a few days in London and Copenhagen, then coming back on the Regal Princess for 14-days. My intention is to use the same credit card to pay for both cruises due to the perks on that card. If, God forbid, something comes up and we have to cancel both cruises, would the credit card company consider these two separate transactions and therefore provide their full coverage for each trip, or would they consider it one trip, in which case I'd have considerably less coverage than needed? Any ideas appreciated.

Check what limits they have on the payout. Mine caps out at $2500.

Thanks for the replies. One card has only $1500 per person, but the other has $5000/person and kicks in if any portion of the trip is charged to that card. Looks like we're good to go.

We are handling medical separately.

I also specifically mentioned if there is a medical situation that results in a cancelled trip or an interrupted trip, IF it were to be judged possibly due to a pre-existing condition.

GC

I also specifically mentioned if there is a medical situation that results in a cancelled trip or an interrupted trip, IF it were to be judged possibly due to a pre-existing condition.

GC

We did not secure anything in time to protect pre-existing conditions. Fortunately, we are in good shape in that regard. But, it's something we need to pay attention to in the future as we and our family members are not getting any younger.