Just got the dreaded call & email- 1 Hour Delay for Splendor Embarkation-3/24

awinner

I know this happened a few weeks ago when they had the grand opening of the terminal, can't imagine what can be going on now. I have FTTF and still plan on arriving at my time that I had planned on, which is between 10-11am.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

CARNIVAL SPLENDOR

MARCH 24, 2018

March 23, 2018

Dear Carnival Splendor Guest,

Your cruise is tomorrow and we want to provide you with an important update regarding our embarkation plans.

Tomorrow morning, we will need a little extra time to disembark our guests from the previous cruise and have the parking facility cleared for your arrival. So, we kindly ask that you push back your pre-selected Arrival Appointment by 1 hour (e.g., if you were previously scheduled to arrive between 12:30 PM - 1:00 PM, we will now expect you from 1:30 PM - 2:00 PM). Please plan to get to the cruise terminal only during your new time.

As a reminder, in preparation for final boarding and our departure, all guests must be on board the ship no later than 60 minutes prior to the published sailing time or they will not be permitted to sail.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard for a FUN and memorable cruise.

Sincerely,

Denese+Waiters+Signature.jpg

Denese Waiters

Sr. Director, Guest Services - Contact Centers

We boarded today. They were late arriving and disembarking. We had FTTF and arrived at port about 1020. waited in front of FTTF checkin line and they let us in at 1120. Waited another hour in terminal in the designated FTTF boarding area beside the Captains' Lounge. On ship at 1220 and went straight to our room with luggage then off to the buffet. Beautiful warm sunny day and now underway!.

We were on the cruise right before this . There was a headwind coming back from MX that slowed the ship.

The ship was shaking the whole way up. Debarkation was an hour late, first off was 9:15.

Could have been worse, the scheduled Coast Guard Check was canceled.

I have never paid attention to these types of notices for delays or trying to slot me into a set time. I just follow through on my plans and never seem to have any real issues. I don't like being controlled and treated live stock so I'm not worried if my actions cause a little issues. I love the way cruise lines want to make up rules as they go along. I always just say show me in the contract that issue.