Destinations Show

Parsman

Earlier today I visited the Destinations show at Kensington Olympia in London. It was very busy, more so than on previous occasions. I was a trifle surprised that Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines were not exhibiting there whist several of their competitors were. Was this because they didn't value this sales opportunity or were they preparing for the cruise show at Dover cruise terminal in March? It would be interesting to know.

We went to the 'Destinations' holiday show in Manchester about two weeks ago and go to it quite regularly. Fred used to do that show a number of years ago but has not been there for some years now. From what we saw at that show it was only the more expensive cruise lines that were exhibiting. Could be different companies exhibiting at the two different shows, but it is the same company running the ones in London and Manchester.

We have also been to a cruise show run by a local cruise company the last few years (but not this year) and Fred was not there either, but a lot were there. We have been to a specific 'Fred' night run by the same cruise company in a Liverpool hotel a year or so ago (possibly at a brochure launch time, though I am not sure about that), but the speaker was emphasizing sailing from Liverpool so they had a good selling point up here.