Is it just me but...

babs135

I find it almost physically hurts not to be on a cruise :confused:

We have a cruise booked for Christmas and New Year so I'm on CC quite a lot checking on ports of call and info on one of the ships which is new to us (the package is the QM2 and the Regal Princess). And then I start reading about people who are just about to go on holiday and can't contain their excitement or I find I'm reading about those people who have just disembarked and are posting wonderful things they did.

Or I get caught up in the wonderment of those people who have never cruised before and know how much they will (or should!) enjoy that first time of boarding and seeing it through their eyes.

Does this condition have a name? And how can it be treated? (Actually I know the answer to that but alas the budget doesn't allow for any medical treatment :D:D)

We have a cruise booked for Christmas and New Year so I'm on CC quite a lot checking on ports of call and info on one of the ships which is new to us (the package is the QM2 and the Regal Princess). And then I start reading about people who are just about to go on holiday and can't contain their excitement or I find I'm reading about those people who have just disembarked and are posting wonderful things they did.

Or I get caught up in the wonderment of those people who have never cruised before and know how much they will (or should!) enjoy that first time of boarding and seeing it through their eyes.

Does this condition have a name? And how can it be treated? (Actually I know the answer to that but alas the budget doesn't allow for any medical treatment :D:D)

It SURLEY does !!:D You are showing the true 'signs' of a true 'cruise ADDICT !' and believe me, the ONLY way to alieve the curse is too either 1) planning another cruise 2)Be ON cruise or 3) at least read about cruising !! BUT.. all of those are just a temp fix.:eek: As of now, there is NO known 'cure' !!:p (Thank goodness !!) Just learn too enjoy it, as ALL of us 'poor souls' Welcome to CC !!

Mac

It SURLEY does !!:D You are showing the true 'signs' of a true 'cruise ADDICT !' and believe me, the ONLY way to alieve the curse is too either 1) planning another cruise 2)Be ON cruise or 3) at least read about cruising !! BUT.. all of those are just a temp fix.:eek: As of now, there is NO known 'cure' !!:p (Thank goodness !!) Just learn too enjoy it, as ALL of us 'poor souls' Welcome to CC !!

Mac

Ditto!! Just got off a cruise and have to wait until November for the next one. Anticipation is part of the high and I've already researched and found the hotel and shuttle for the upcoming cruise. Will research excursions then share with DW to see which ones she is interested in. Each cruise has to have at least a snorkel tour.

We just got back a few weeks ago, have another cruise booked for the fall (totally unplanned, but worth it) and struggling with the wait:cool: . We have a really good life at home too though, so I don't want to be so focused on the next trip that I miss what's going on here.

I'm guessing your post is mostly joking, but if you are looking for a low cost treatment option and can make the time I have a suggestion:

Volunteer somewhere, serve others. It will help to take your mind off not cruising and help enjoy where you are now.

We enjoy cruising with an average of two month long (+\-) trips per year. While we look forward to each of them, we are fortunate to live on the north shore of San Francisco Bay with plenty to keep us "recreated" between cruises from sailing to terrific restaurants, parks and regional wineries plus occasional jaunts up the north coast. So, no need to get caught up in "cruise anticipation."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, this thread is a 'tongue in cheek' posting. Friday afternoon and I'm a little bored :*

In the meantime we're off on a land based holiday next week so no chance to moon about not being on a cruise :D

Aww. :D Yes, we have experienced this. We live in the Vancouver area and have gone downtown to the pier many times to see the cruise ships. Once we saw a Celebrity ship boarding and saw each passenger receiving their glass of embarkation champagne. It was bittersweet... happy for them yet sad we weren't on board. ;p