Princess to Introduce New Enrichment Programing, Menus to Caribbean Cruises

LauraS

Wow, had enough very weird offerings for dinner recently on the Royal for a Caribbean theme that some nights had a hard time and had to order from the Princess Favorites (and I like to try things!). I am kinda shuddering thinking of what the new type of menu might be like if they are trying even harder to be Caribbean"ish"!

Pooh

This sounds great! We are on the Caribbean Princess in July....nice to try new things and you certainly won’t starve on a cruise ship if you don’t like the new items!

The activities sound fun too!

Sounds great! We're on the Caribbean Princess in June. The promise of Puerto Rican mofongo as an entrée has my attention. We first tried mofongo in a small restaurant near the port in San Juan and fell in love with it. During our last visit there, we found the restaurant had closed which made us sad. Really looking forward to Princess' version of this dish. We also love a good Jamaican jerk chicken. My wife is already salivating over the pineapple creme brulee.

Hopefully they will have worked out all the kinks in these new menu items.

Nice touch, Princess!

~Brian

The Parrots in the Piazza sound like fun -- unless there's an upcharge. Not really keen on the "Caribbean parties" -- in the past, these have been excuses for exceptionally loud music, heavy on drums, that very few people seem to be enjoying. Probably would've been smarter to highlight some of the classical compositions from Caribbean countries. The special talks seem interesting.

Not entirely certain this is a good turn of events for Princess.

These look like great additions. One of the very few things I thought was better on our Carnival cruise was a section on the MDR menu that featured a port specific item, it changed every day and was an item that highlighted the food of that particular port.

The revamped deck party sounds like fun as well.

The parrot thing should be interesting, given all the quarantine rules about taking birds into countries. Once they get on a ship they probably can't ever be taken off again. Doomed to sail the Caribbean forever....

Sounds great! We're on the Caribbean Princess in June. The promise of Puerto Rican mofongo as an entrée has my attention. We first tried mofongo in a small restaurant near the port in San Juan and fell in love with it. During our last visit there, we found the restaurant had closed which made us sad. Really looking forward to Princess' version of this dish. We also love a good Jamaican jerk chicken. My wife is already salivating over the pineapple creme brulee.

Hopefully they will have worked out all the kinks in these new menu items.

Nice touch, Princess!

~Brian

I had pineapple creme brulee on our recent Star Princess Hawaii cruise.

The parrot thing should be interesting, given all the quarantine rules about taking birds into countries. Once they get on a ship they probably can't ever be taken off again. Doomed to sail the Caribbean forever....

I would assume that ....like the puppies...in Skagway....they will be brought in...and then back out again....and I think that the new menu items sound great...Now, can they do that on the other itineraries?