cookies and milk

caligirlfashionista

I was on the Caribbean Princess in January. No cookies & milk was served at MUTS. They did have C&M but you had to go get it yourself. The Oatmeal Cookies were great!! I had 3 it was a long movie...:D:D:D

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

I was on Coral Princess back in 2009. Before Princess started retrofitting their older ships with the International Cafe. And Coral hadn't even gotten a MUTS screen yet (it, and The Sanctuary, were added in drydock later that year). Every afternoon the Cookies and Milk cart plied the pool deck and the three levels of the atrium. Plus there was an Ice Cream Social for an hour each day in the buffet--the good stuff normally served in the MDR.

But with the International Cafe more or less fleetwide, and many ships having Gelato for sale (though not Coral) they no longer come to us, we go to them. The public is now so benumbed by fast-casual dining that we would rather walk a distance for counter service than be directly approached unsolicited by a server no matter how enticing their offerings. Princess built it, and we did come.

I was on Coral Princess back in 2009. Before Princess started retrofitting their older ships with the International Cafe. And Coral hadn't even gotten a MUTS screen yet (it, and The Sanctuary, were added in drydock later that year). Every afternoon the Cookies and Milk cart plied the pool deck and the three levels of the atrium. Plus there was an Ice Cream Social for an hour each day in the buffet--the good stuff normally served in the MDR.

I had forgotten about that..... we sailed, Coral Panama Canal 2006

I remember all the people lined up it was a really a big deal...and was considered a "do not" miss event on the boards....

Hello everyone,

Im looking forward to my next cruise with princess, I will be on the coral and would like to know if cookies and milk were still being served at muts? also is there any pics of the menus in mdr?:D:D:D:Dwe will be sailing for 4 days and I would like to eat,drink and be merry

We were on the Coral last October for a 15 day Ocean to Ocean Panama Canal Cruise.

Yes, Cookies and milk still offered at self serve HC. . Including cold milk, hot chocolate with/without whipped cream. Choice of Peanut Butter, Dark Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, and Sugar cookies.

Popcorn buttered, or plain (no salt), and kettle corn at the kiosk near the pool.

I have the dinner menus, but probably they would not be the same, as on a 4 dayer.

Enjoy.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I remember the cookies at our first MUTS - we were so impressed. We were on the Coral over Christmas and New year and did Muts 3 or 4 times. No milk and cookies, just the popcorn. Shame really; we prefer and miss the cookies. I guess it has gone from all ships?

I would have enjoyed the milk and chocolate chip cookies on this recent cruise. The IC had plenty of that flourless and/or sugarless crap that Princess is calling desserts and snacks these days, but I never saw good old fashioned chocolate chip cookies

We think Cookies and Milk have gone the way of the everyday steak on the MDR menu :). We will soon be on the Golden and hope we are wrong...but not holding our breath.

Hank

I'm really upset about the steak as well, my dh is a super picky eater and that all he basically would order so I have to figure something out :o:o

We were on the Coral last October for a 15 day Ocean to Ocean Panama Canal Cruise.

Yes, Cookies and milk still offered at self serve HC. . Including cold milk, hot chocolate with/without whipped cream. Choice of Peanut Butter, Dark Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, and Sugar cookies.

Popcorn buttered, or plain (no salt), and kettle corn at the kiosk near the pool.

I have the dinner menus, but probably they would not be the same, as on a 4 dayer.

Enjoy.

thank you!!! if you can be so kind to post the menus thatwould be great

I'm really upset about the steak as well, my dh is a super picky eater and that all he basically would order so I have to figure something out :o:o

I’m really upset about the pats of yellow goop they call butter as well. Please bring back Kerrygold.

Plus there was an Ice Cream Social for an hour each day in the buffet--the good stuff normally served in the MDR.

This still exists on the Pacific Princess.

As to why it no longer exists on the other ships, it is a matter of "be careful what you ask for."

There were many complaints to Princess that other cruise lines had free soft-serve for much of the day and evening, something Princess did not offer.

So Princess now offers the free soft serve and when that started the afternoon "real" ice cream in the Horizon Court was eliminated.

One of our best memories is being served warm cookies and milk (not warm ;)) while sitting in the hot tub at the rear of Star Princess while docked in Naples. Man, what a marvelous memory that is. It is a shame that those days are long gone. <|3:(<|3

This post does bring back fond memories. I loved sitting on deck playing cards and having the cookies and milk cart come by offering dripping hot chocolate cookies and ice cold milk. Just off the Ruby Princess this month, never saw the cart. And cookies at any of the other locations are just not the same.