Miami airport help

Gigi11111

Okay I have always sailed out of Fort Lauderdale and stayed in Fort Lauderdale.

You all helped me find a hotel in Miami as I'm sailing the Symphony of the Seas which is out of Miami.

Now I find out that Southwest who I usually fly with does not fly to Miami. Just Fort Luderdale

I'm flying out of Portland Maine However I could drive to Manchester New Hampshire and could do Boston if I have to.

Does anyone know what it would cost for 6 of us to get to Miami from Fort Lauderdale airport with our luggage?

Probably 6 bags...Thinking we would have to have a shuttle Van

ALL Help appreciated

Are you so dedicated to Southwest that you won't look at airlines flying directly in to MIA? I would at least look in to it and then determine which option is better. In any case, you'll need to change planes somewhere, where you leave from PWM or MHT (unless you happen to be traveling during the time of the year when Southwest does a nonstop MHT-FLL)

I've never guaged prices out of the Portland jetport, but I'd probably recommend getting one of those cheapo concord coach buses to Logan and fly from there. Probably cost less all in all. If the flight to FLL is considerably cheaper it's not that hard to get to port of Miami. $50 uber give or take

SAS, QLS, Go Airport and others will transport you in a share shuttle van for about $13-15 per person -- check the shuttle company web sites to see which will pick up at your FLL hotel, saving you a trip back to the airport just to catch your shuttle.

A taxi van or UberXL will be a real squeeze for 6 plus bags -- the mini-van only seats 7 including the driver. Two UberX or standard Lyft cars at about $35 each would give you more room.

If you prefer to travel together and arrive in style check Larry's Limos - price will depend upon how stretch you want the limo ;)

There are Holiday Inn properties CLOSE to the Miami port...Holiday Inn, Bayside and more upscale Intercontinental, Bayside. You can see port from either location...both are "Holiday" properties, so you get "points", if you're into their points thing...

There are Holiday Inn properties CLOSE to the Miami port...Holiday Inn, Bayside and more upscale Intercontinental, Bayside. You can see port from either location...both are "Holiday" properties, so you get "points", if you're into their points thing...
I thought she already had her hotel and was looking for transportation?

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Fort Lauderdale airport is 30 minutes from Miami. It's such a trivial difference between airports that I don't even pay attention to the airport when booking locally, whichever has the better flight I'll take. I don't see any reason to adjust plans unless the extra cost of transportation makes it not worth it. You'll need transportation in Miami, too. Personally, I'd just split up into 2 or 3 groups and book Uber X's.

But it seems silly to do all that extra driving in Maine just to get to Boston and fly direct to Miami. Do the numbers work out better that way?

Fort Lauderdale airport is 30 minutes from Miami. It's such a trivial difference between airports that I don't even pay attention to the airport when booking locally, whichever has the better flight I'll take. I don't see any reason to adjust plans unless the extra cost of transportation makes it not worth it. You'll need transportation in Miami, too. Personally, I'd just split up into 2 or 3 groups and book Uber X's.

But it seems silly to do all that extra driving in Maine just to get to Boston and fly direct to Miami. Do the numbers work out better that way?

Agreed. FLL is as far away from Port Miami as some airports like DEN or IAD are as far away from the city they serve.

But, I will say flying from Maine can be very expensive. And the cost to take a bus to Boston, which is not a long drive, is probably worth it to save the money and fly non-stop.