Obstructed view staterooms

CRUISEWITHH

renmar is one of my heroes. :) That is such an incredibly useful site. We once booked an "obstructed view" cabin with almost zero obstruction and we managed to do so only because of the pics on renmar's site.

Me, too! I won't book a Princess cruise without first checking all the available cabins for the view.

• 9 months later...

I've used this website for my last cruise on Regal and now for my next one on Crown, I love the site But, we need to add "noise" to the pictures. Our E630 on the Regal had some bad metal sounds coming from lifeboats or something else almost every night between 2-4 am. The lifeboat was not in front of our balcony and our vision out was great, but OMG those noises, once I swear I heard a big chunk of metal falling.

I've looked at the link many times in the past. It is unbelievably useful!

But, today the link won't open. Says I have to log into Google sites with a phone number or email?

Anyone have a working link?

Yep! Even tried a different browser...still wants me to sign in with email.

E

Did some more research on this link. The photos and info for Renmars link are stored on a google drive account. You have to request access by clicking on the link and signing into your email account. I requested access, now what remains to be seen is if Renmars is still monitoring the site and gives permission. I'll keep you posted and advise if my request is approved. On the downside by requesting access you are providing Renmars with your email address which may result in unwanted emails.

E

renmar is one of my heroes. :) That is such an incredibly useful site. We once booked an "obstructed view" cabin with almost zero obstruction and we managed to do so only because of the pics on renmar's site.

I agree, Thrak! I use it all the time...our October cruise cabin is obstructed but thanks to renmar, we got one that is not really obstructed! Great site!

I've bookmarked this link. I love the info I get on CC and I do try to helpful in return. I have far more time to cruise than DH and have been looking into going solo in the obstructed OV's.

I have booked marked ti too!

We booked an obstructed ocean view for our Alaskan cruise next year. It was $800 cheaper/person than an unobstructed! In our opinion, that is a good deal and now we have all that money to spend on some really cool excursions.

We used this website and our view looks pretty unobstructed to me!

Lots of people say you must have a balcony in Alaska. We have had a balcony in the Caribbean and I would never go back to ocean view for those cruises, but for Alaska we will try this and just go up on deck to enjoy the scenery.